Earwa > The Almanac: TAE Edition

The Slog WLW - Chapter 5 [Spoilers]

<< < (2/4) > >>

Blackstone:

--- Quote from: H on April 08, 2016, 04:52:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: Blackstone on April 08, 2016, 03:04:16 pm ---The parts you point out about the voice and mother are, for me, proof that the voice in Kelmomas's head is Samarmas. The voice speaks just like a child that is devoted with the kind of intensity and intellect that only a half Dunyain child could have. It thinks "mother" raises them above animals, because just like Kel, the voice views Esmi as divine. It was offended by the "fat man" because his words disturbed Esmi.
--- End quote ---

I go back and forth.  Sometimes I agree, other's I have a lot of doubt it would actually be Sammy.

--- Quote from: profgrape on April 08, 2016, 03:08:45 pm ---Another Chapter 5 tidbit from the Kel/Inrilatas conversation:

--- Quote ---"I... I don't understand, [Kelmomas] sad.  "You could leave this room... anytime you wished!  Mother would release you -- I know it.  You just need to follow the rules."

His brother paused, looked at him as if searching for evidence of kinship beyond the fact of their blood.  "Tell me, little brother, what rules the rule?"

Something is wrong... the voice warned.

--- End quote ---

The "something", I think, is the realization that Inrilatas knows about Kelmomas' ambitions -- to become the God.  It demonstrates the depth of Dunyain manipulation in a way they we really only see with Kellhus in PON.
--- End quote ---

I wonder if Kel even realizes the full extent though.  Like, is he sort of unwittingly exacting the voice's plan?  Sometimes it seems like he kind of is, in doing everything for Esmenet's affection.  The voice is after much more than that.

--- End quote ---

I'm not so sure that's entirely Kel's motivation. Sometimes his love seems quite controlling and abusive. IIRC he thinks about how easy it would be to kill Esmi.

s Ī n Ī ster to Ā st:
Don't know if this has been brought up before but could Inrilatas be Kel's hidden voice?

"Perhaps he's locked in a room. Perhaps dying is that room's only door...
"Locked in a room!" the young Prince-Imperial cried laughing. "Yes! Clever-clever-cunning-clever!"

We know Dunyain mostly speak truth when facing each other, so instead of telling the truth of Kel's hidden voice could Inrilatas be confirming his part in the voice here:

"And his brother's voice resonated, climbed as if communicating up out of his bones. "You think you seek the love of our mother, little brother—Little Knife! You think you murder in her name. But that love is simply cloth thrown over the invisible, what you use to reveal the shape of something so much greater..."
Memories tumbled into his soul's eye. Memories of his Whelming, how he had followed the beetle to the feet of the Grinning God, the Four-horned Brother, how they had laughed when he had maimed the bug—laughed together! Memories of the Yatwerian priestess, how she had shrieked blood while the Mother of Fertility stood helpless...
And the boy could feel it! An assumption of glory. A taking possession of a certainty that had possessed him all along—possessed him in ignorance... Yes!
Godhead."

we know Inrilatas thinks of himself as the ultimate expression of a soul that moves itself and via the voice he's implanted in Kel's mind he creates the circumstances for his escape, Death.

hopefully you guys can see where I'm going with this crackpot

MSJ:

--- Quote from: s Ī n Ī ster to Ā st on April 08, 2016, 07:17:18 pm ---Don't know if this has been brought up before but could Inrilatas be Kel's hidden voice?

"Perhaps he's locked in a room. Perhaps dying is that room's only door...
"Locked in a room!" the young Prince-Imperial cried laughing. "Yes! Clever-clever-cunning-clever!"

We know Dunyain mostly speak truth when facing each other, so instead of telling the truth of Kel's hidden voice could Inrilatas be confirming his part in the voice here:

"And his brother's voice resonated, climbed as if communicating up out of his bones. "You think you seek the love of our mother, little brother—Little Knife! You think you murder in her name. But that love is simply cloth thrown over the invisible, what you use to reveal the shape of something so much greater..."
Memories tumbled into his soul's eye. Memories of his Whelming, how he had followed the beetle to the feet of the Grinning God, the Four-horned Brother, how they had laughed when he had maimed the bug—laughed together! Memories of the Yatwerian priestess, how she had shrieked blood while the Mother of Fertility stood helpless...
And the boy could feel it! An assumption of glory. A taking possession of a certainty that had possessed him all along—possessed him in ignorance... Yes!
Godhead."

we know Inrilatas thinks of himself as the ultimate expression of a soul that moves itself and via the voice he's implanted in Kel's mind he creates the circumstances for his escape, Death.

hopefully you guys can see where I'm going with this crackpot

--- End quote ---

Interesting. Never heard that before, and please elaborate where you're going with it. My interest is piqued!

s Ī n Ī ster to Ā st:
Like i said before Inrilatas likes to think of himself as a God and earlier in their conversation Inrilatas tells Kel that he's heaping damnation upon himself, and what greater sin can there be than a God putting in motion the circumstances for his own murder, as happens later when Maitha kills him, surely Inrilatas knew he could never really challenge Maitha and win. pretty much all of this is accomplished through manipulating Kel via the voice to bring about Inrilatas' death.

MSJ:

--- Quote ---His cowl thrown back, Meppa raised the band from his head. His hair was as white as the peaks of the Atkondras, his skin nut brown. No eyes glinted from the shadow of his sockets.
--- End quote ---

Meppa is eyeless.

--- Quote ---Did Thelli lack the heart to grieve this as well? Kelmomas had never been able to read much of anything in his sister. She was like Uncle Maithanet that way— only harmless.
--- End quote ---

I just have a feeling this isn't true. She might be harmless to any of the Anasurimbor Dynasty, but I believe she will have a role to play come TGO/TUC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version