Earwa > The Almanac: TAE Edition

The Slog WLW - Chapter 6 [Spoilers]

<< < (5/5)

Bolivar:

--- Quote from: Blackstone on April 21, 2016, 09:06:33 pm ---Yeah, I have been wondering about the prophecy, and specifically the "false as much as the true" part. Why honor prophecies that they know are false? Maybe it's some sort of pantomime that plays into a larger game.
--- End quote ---

This is one of the hanging threads that aggravate me because it feels like we should know what he's referring to, at least the pregnancy prophecy, if not the collection of prophecies he refers to. Although can we take this as a hint that whatever it is, this is one of the false ones? Otherwise, why mention that they have to be respected?

They probably have to keep up the false ones because the Inchoroi are engineering Three Seas religious dogma, at the very least the Tusk and most likely Inrithism as well. If the falsity of one prophecy is uncovered, the rest would be in jeopardy as well.

--- Quote --- Maybe the Celmomian Prophecy is falsified in some way.
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't surprise me, since Celmomas claimed he heard these things from Nau-Cayuti, who strongly seems to have been the No-God. It would be a pretty big bombshell if this is confirmed!

--- Quote ---I think Kelmomas sent her away so he could have Esmi all to himself.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like it. It's strange though that she claims he adored her to the point of annoyance - sounds similar to his obsession with Esmi. I wonder if he really did like her and there was some event that changed this, made him see Mimara as a competitor and compelled him to drive her away. Imagine if we get a flashback to Kellhus planting the idea, and he really has been moving all of this.

H:

--- Quote from: Bolivar on April 25, 2016, 07:59:53 pm ---
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't surprise me, since Celmomas claimed he heard these things from Nau-Cayuti, who strongly seems to have been the No-God. It would be a pretty big bombshell if this is confirmed!
--- End quote ---

Well, I am pretty sure that Seswatha is the only one to have heard the Phrophecy, so it would be easy for him to have contrived it.

--- Quote ---I think Kelmomas sent her away so he could have Esmi all to himself.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like it. It's strange though that she claims he adored her to the point of annoyance - sounds similar to his obsession with Esmi. I wonder if he really did like her and there was some event that changed this, made him see Mimara as a competitor and compelled him to drive her away. Imagine if we get a flashback to Kellhus planting the idea, and he really has been moving all of this.

--- End quote ---

It could also be that the voice realized that Mimara had the Judging Eye and that it would complicate what it was up to.

Blackstone:

--- Quote from: Blackstone on April 21, 2016, 09:06:33 pm ---Yeah, I have been wondering about the prophecy, and specifically the "false as much as the true" part. Why honor prophecies that they know are false? Maybe it's some sort of pantomime that plays into a larger game.
--- End quote ---

This is one of the hanging threads that aggravate me because it feels like we should know what he's referring to, at least the pregnancy prophecy, if not the collection of prophecies he refers to. Although can we take this as a hint that whatever it is, this is one of the false ones? Otherwise, why mention that they have to be respected?

They probably have to keep up the false ones because the Inchoroi are engineering Three Seas religious dogma, at the very least the Tusk and most likely Inrithism as well. If the falsity of one prophecy is uncovered, the rest would be in jeopardy as well.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I assumed that the adoration was just part of his manipulation. A person would be much more likely to listen to the poison of someone they think is on their side.

Bolivar:
^ I think you're right Blackstone. Just read the uprising chapter and he reflects that Theliopa is the only one he has any fondness for.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version