Earwa > The Unholy Consult

[TUC Spoilers] The Sorcerous Ekkinu

<< < (2/6) > >>

H:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on July 26, 2017, 02:46:37 pm ---ar·ras
ˈerəs/Submit
noun
a rich tapestry, typically hung on the walls of a room or used to conceal an alcove.

--- End quote ---

So, perhaps then the question is, "what was it concealing?"

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: H on July 26, 2017, 03:18:42 pm ---So, perhaps then the question is, "what was it concealing?"

--- End quote ---

Exactly my thought when I read the definition. What is it concealing, what manner of alcove hides behind an enchanted tapestry. In Earwa, I would guess its probably not of the 'Narnia' variety.

Cnaiür vs Karsa vs Drogo:
I need some kind of insight on these things.

the glossary entry for the Ekkinu says they are first mentioned in 4122, one year after Kelhus learns the Daimos.

The glossary also says they are called "articles of damnation," and might relate some kind of language. Indeed, kelmomas notices them "wax bright for no explicable reason," and immediately after sees the decapitants seemingly talking to each other. Wtf.

Also the white-luck-sorweel describes them "bearing an endless descent of writhing text that only he and the Demon (Kelhus) can read. What kind of text would it be displaying that only gods and ciphrang could read?

Maybe some kind of message board from the Outside?

sohorat:
Me and Setmahaga have a blog.  We used to let Hish post there sometimes, but it was always souls he had for lunch and it got pretty boring.

Cnaiür vs Karsa vs Drogo:
Typical. Nobody wants to see pictures of the souls you eat on Instaphrang or Ciphbook.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version