Earwa > The Unholy Consult

[TUC Spoilers] Inchoroi souls

<< < (2/4) > >>

Monkhound:

--- Quote from: generalguy on July 31, 2017, 03:24:06 am ---
--- Quote from: Swayal Serpent on July 31, 2017, 03:20:42 am ---
--- Quote from: tleilaxu on July 31, 2017, 02:30:26 am ---Yes the Inchoroi have souls. Otherwise they wouldn't see anything in the Inverse Fire.

--- End quote ---

Well there's never really any evidence of the Inchoroi looking into the inverse fire, is there? It seems to be a tool they use to show other people their damnnation, but as far as I can tell, there isn't any mention of the inchoroi being motivated by the inverse fire

--- End quote ---
I think it's explicitly stated that the inchoroi were made to damn themselves and if they ever got to complacent the inverse fire device would "goad" them to continue their work in sealing off the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

That's how I read the explanation given by the Dunyain as well: Sil created the Inverse Fire to remind the Inchoroi of the reason behind their task.

Cüréthañ:
Hmm, I think the Inchoroi and Wracu are what's left of the Progenitors who manned the Ark. They probably wore bodies like suits before the Ark died, just need to transfer the Confluence between synthetic bodies. Then they found themselves trapped in their pyjammas after Arkfall.

Effectively a separate race because they wouldn't even recognize each other across the gulf of time and memory that separates them.

I doubt it really matters much, but that's how I like to believe it went down.

Cynical Cat:
Remember, artificiality doesn't affect whether or not you have a soul.  The Skin Spy who was able to work sorcery had a soul and so do a few apes and whales.  Yes, the Inchoroi had souls.  As for the number "a thousand thousand", that's simply a chronicler's way of saying "there's a fuckton of those bastards."  Numbers are really unreliable in pre modern history (and that's ignoring the arguments one can have over numbers and statistics.)

Cüréthañ:

--- Quote from: Cynical Cat on July 31, 2017, 11:06:51 am ---Remember, artificiality doesn't affect whether or not you have a soul.

--- End quote ---

+1

See also:  Wracu and the grafting of sorcery. It's definitely doable via the Tekne, and probably not a problem if you have a working Ark.

The Inchoroi wouldn't want the Derived to have souls, it's just not a good idea to make another souled race with their goal.

Swayal Serpent:

--- Quote from: Cynical Cat on July 31, 2017, 11:06:51 am ---Remember, artificiality doesn't affect whether or not you have a soul.  The Skin Spy who was able to work sorcery had a soul and so do a few apes and whales.  Yes, the Inchoroi had souls.  As for the number "a thousand thousand", that's simply a chronicler's way of saying "there's a fuckton of those bastards."  Numbers are really unreliable in pre modern history (and that's ignoring the arguments one can have over numbers and statistics.)

--- End quote ---

I didn't really think that artificiality necessarily precluded having a soul, just that it's usually some crazy fluke when it happens. As for a thousand thousand of them, I probably was taking that a bit literally. As for the Dunyain explaining that Sil created the inverse fire to remind them of their damnnation, I must have missed reading that part. I suppose that's the final nail for my theory. Ah well, guess I'll just file this one under crackpot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version