Earwa > The Unholy Consult

[TUC Spoiler] Heron Spear?

<< < (2/11) > >>

Woden:

--- Quote from: jurble on August 01, 2017, 02:43:37 pm ---The actual Heron Spear likely rests in Horiotha's barrow, I think.  Though, both Kellhus and the Mutilated likely made that guess and one or the other probably ransacked the barrows years ago at this point.

--- End quote ---

Or even the (non dûnyain) Consult.

profgrape:
I don't think it was the Heron Spear; why else call out the difference in color?

Hard to say whether it was the Sun Lance or not.  That it was jury-rigged to plug into a big battery makes it sound like it was a piece of dormant Tekne that the Mutilated figured out how to operate.

CondYoke:
I missed that entry.  It just seems like another seed he's scattered to be picked up later in the No-God.

Likaro:
It's the Sun Lance.

What happened to the Heron spear is a mystery. However, if the No-God 2.0 doesn't have chorae on the carapace I don't think the "good" guys would need it anymore to destroy it, no?

Madness:

--- Quote from: Likaro on August 01, 2017, 04:46:56 pm ---It's the Sun Lance.

What happened to the Heron spear is a mystery. However, if the No-God 2.0 doesn't have chorae on the carapace I don't think the "good" guys would need it anymore to destroy it, no?

--- End quote ---

You know, I actually took the no Chorae in the modified Carapace to be an upgrade by the Mutilated. It's been long assumed by a number of readers that the reason for the Chorae aren't for sorcerous protection but rather to perform some other function (soul-containment, whathaveyou, etc). It might follow that that's why Shauriatas was such important part of the Consult - besides breaking the Barricades - because their cabal didn't have the strictly Tekne know-how to start up the No-God. That Shauriatas jury rigged it to work with his sorcerous knowledge the first time.

By my reading, I interpreted the lack of Chorae to mean that the No-God functions better this time around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version