Earwa > The Unholy Consult

[TUC Spoilers] Kellhus telling Proyas "at some point, the Inchoroi must win"

(1/6) > >>

TLEILAXU:
Has anybody grasped the meaning of this yet? I asked about it in the AMA and got this reply
--- Quote ---Is that what he says?
--- End quote ---
. There's something I'm not grasping. Any ideas?

[EDIT Madness: Title, still doing [TUC Spoilers] until Tuesday.]

solipsisticurge:
I had the feeling he was using it as demonstration for the intellectual argument: the gods are blind to the Consult, meaning they fall outside eternity, meaning the world is severed from the Outside at some point.

If he DID mean they had to win in fulfillment of his own plans... we'll have to RAFO.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Walter:
He is making the point that Resumption must take place at some point, because otherwise Momas could just earthquake the Arc.  The Consult are shielded from the Gods by the fact that they are the servants of the No-God, which will end the Gods atemporal existence.  The Consult thus operate outside of their notion of time, remaking them with each action that they take.

Notably, this gives us some hope for the next series, as the Inchoroi's 'victory' has now come to pass.  There is no similar guarantee that the No-God be victorious, it could be destroyed once again.

TLEILAXU:
Thanks. I'll have to chew on this for a bit.

The Sharmat:
Yeah the world has to be severed permanently from the Outside at some point, but it doesn't have to be at this time. So now I have to wonder: were the Gods blind to Nau-Cayuti?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version