Earwa > The Unholy Consult

[TUC Spoilers] Esmenet the Angelic Ciphrang

<< < (3/8) > >>

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  Curethan ---There is a part when he stands against the Nansur where he looks like he is aspected by Gilgaol, iirc. Possession is really stretching it imo.
--- End quote ---

Right, at Joktha. And, Conphas muses on how everyone seen dread Gilgoäl in Cnaüir shadow. Only, in PoN Bakker never really played with the Gods and you didn't know if possession was even possible. He even stated he intentionally wrote it this way. But, in hindsight, I'd say it was clear that he was possessed and was foreshadowing for the role the Gods would play in TAE.

Monkhound:

--- Quote from: Cüréthañ on August 27, 2017, 12:32:09 am ---There is a part when he stands against the Nansur where he looks like he is aspected by Gilgaol, iirc. Possession is really stretching it imo.

--- End quote ---

Wasn't there also a scene where Saubon had the same with Gilgaöl in TWP? Thought it was even at or after Mengedda.

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  Monkhound ---Wasn't there also a scene where Saubon had the same with Gilgaöl in TWP? Thought it was even at or after Mengedda.
--- End quote ---

I am not sure, I'd have to go back and look. I know he was made Battle Celebrant by the priests of Gilgoal though.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: MSJ on September 01, 2017, 03:25:55 pm ---
--- Quote from:  Monkhound ---Wasn't there also a scene where Saubon had the same with Gilgaöl in TWP? Thought it was even at or after Mengedda.
--- End quote ---

I am not sure, I'd have to go back and look. I know he was made Battle Celebrant by the priests of Gilgoal though.

--- End quote ---

Part of the issue with this early possession speculation is, as MSJ notes, is that at this point in the series we don't even know gods are real. Its written in a way that can easily be read metaphorically instead of literally.

That said, there are several moments throughout PON, usually during battles, where Gilgaol is brought up in the context of possession.

Esmenet being holy, and therefore an Angelic Ciphrang seems like a solid maybe. Mimara as the holy Prophetess, eventually becoming some kind of Holy Divinity and then raising Esmenet up to be one of her Angels seems like something that might happen.

Jabberwock03:
Reading this thread, I just got a crazy idea! I don't know if anyone already thought of this in this forum, but here it is:

We know that what come after can determine what come before.
What if somehow, all the events happening in the books, ends up creating the gods, and so creating the events itself (a loop of events)?

It's probably not the case, but I can definitly picture some weird device (similar to the inversed fire, or even the fire itself somehow), created to fight the gods, fucking around with mortal souls and ending up creating ciphrangs/gods.

To put it more graphically:

The gods exist for all of times ==> The Inchoroi want to avoid damnation ==> They create devices to fight them (one of them being able to turn mortal soul in cyphrang, intentionally or not) ==> They come to Earwa ==> Books event happens ==> Books characters trying to defeat the Consult ends up being turned into gods ==> The gods exist for all of times

I love that hypothesis, even if it's a bit far stretched (plus it has some scientific basis as, from what I read, mathematicaly at least, a closed time loop would be possible).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version