Earwa > The Unholy Consult

[TUC Spoilers] How did the Inchoroi come think Earwa was the promised land?

<< < (33/33)

SmilerLoki:
@Khaine

Save for some nitpicking, this is pretty much my line of thinking.

One important thing to note is the fact that unarcane ground does, in fact, exist in Earwa, and the No-God famously avoided it.

H:

--- Quote from: SmilerLoki on June 30, 2020, 07:01:53 am ---@Khaine

One important thing to note is the fact that unarcane ground does, in fact, exist in Earwa, and the No-God famously avoided it.

--- End quote ---

I think we can actually sort of rectify this with the notion of Ark not working in Arcane situations.  First, I think we just clarify that it is unlikely that Ark completely stopped functioning.  I tend to think of it more as the AI (or, not so A I) that constituted Ark did not work under the Arcane conditions.  That is, the "circuits" did not function.

So, when Ark crashes, many of Ark's various parts still function, there is simply no more intentionality, because the directive element (possibly the No-God apparatus itself) did not function.  So, once "bootstrapped" with the Consult with an Earwa-compatible substitute "circuit" the opposite problem becomes the issue, an aversion to the Anarcane. In other words, it simply cannot function outside the particular circumstance of it's genesis, perhaps.

Khaine:

--- Quote from: H on June 30, 2020, 12:37:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: SmilerLoki on June 30, 2020, 07:01:53 am ---@Khaine

--- End quote ---

I think we can actually sort of rectify this with the notion of Ark not working in Arcane situations.  First, I think we just clarify that it is unlikely that Ark completely stopped functioning.  I tend to think of it more as the AI (or, not so A I) that constituted Ark did not work under the Arcane conditions.  That is, the "circuits" did not function.

So, when Ark crashes, many of Ark's various parts still function, there is simply no more intentionality, because the directive element (possibly the No-God apparatus itself) did not function.  So, once "bootstrapped" with the Consult with an Earwa-compatible substitute "circuit" the opposite problem becomes the issue, an aversion to the Anarcane. In other words, it simply cannot function outside the particular circumstance of it's genesis, perhaps.

--- End quote ---

All that, plus I would say despite the existence of unarcane grounds in Earwa, on balance it is a fully arcane planet, save the odd exception here and there. Whereas all the previous planets visited by the Inchoroi were only partially arcane and the connection to the Outside was not strong enough for the shutting down of the world to work properly. For the same reason, i.e. not coming across a fully arcane planet, the Ark had not malfunctioned earlier.

SmilerLoki:
To clarify, my comment about the No-God wasn't meant as a contradiction. Myself, I saw it more as corroboration, but other interpretations have every right to exist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version