Earwa > The Unholy Consult

[TUC Spoilers] How did the Inchoroi come think Earwa was the promised land?

<< < (2/33) > >>

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on March 12, 2018, 03:00:22 pm ---I, personally, love the idea that Ajokli was the original mover. Welcome aboard ;)

IMO, the Inverse Fire seems like it's a tool fashioned by Ajokli - after all, what does it do if not lead to endless millenium of suffering and bloodshed. Basically this: Ajokli found a way to give the Inchoroi his dred knowledge of the fate that exists for any Inchoroi (or their creators at least) who ends up in his corner of the Outside.

We know for a fact that there are multiple instances of the Outside. What if the IF showed Gilgaol's Outside? Wouldn't it basically be the Inchoroi's ideal afterlife? They'd be celebrated as War Bringers and War Heroes of the Galaxy. Celebrated for eternity for their exceptional prowess at war. Millennia of victory, and eternity of heaven.

Ajokli's little corner of the Outside is just hell. He likes to tortuer endlessly his victims. Not all the Gods are like him. This is why everyone that sees into the IF sees the same thing, because Ajokli treats everyone the same in his afterlife. So it's the perfect goad. It makes living slaves of any who see it for the fear it sets into them, driving them to commit horrible acts of mass atrocity. Killing for the sake of killing - not for the sake of Glory and thus cutting Gilgaol out of the equation (maybe).

It makes sense of so many thing, and is my preferred theory of what the IF is and why the Inchoroi wound up on Earwa. Ajokli using it to set in motion is eventually manifestation into the Real fits so well into the world building.

--- End quote ---
The Inverse fire shows a person's fate in the Outside, not different facets of it. Also, Ajokli cannot see Golgotterath/the Ark, he could only intuit something was there because of the extremely deep topos it represented ("some have always smelled your absence").

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  Jabberwock ---Maybe it's not even the "promised world" but just an average world partly connected to the outside through few topoi, and there is in the cosmos total (or almost total) topoi worlds which would be even better to close the outside from the reality.
--- End quote ---

This isn't exactly correct. Even though topoi do connect to the Outside, so does every individual souls. There are many instances that prove this, but being able to perform the Diamos is enough.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on March 12, 2018, 04:30:05 pm ---The Inverse fire shows a person's fate in the Outside, not different facets of it.

--- End quote ---
According too ... the Inchoroi? Who then tell everyone that looks at it what its showing?
I'm not saying you have to believe me, but personally I think that makes for a too convenient explanation.

I'll point out that the Inchoroi's Creators where a teknology based race that just happened to stumble into the magical world of the outside just one single time ... it just happened to goad them into their timeless war against the universe ... which just happens to be exactly what Ajokli wants/needs to harvest more and more souls and eventually leads to his ultimate goal to manifest into the Real.

So yeah, the books say that its not Ajokli's tool, I agree with that. Just seems unlikely.

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on March 12, 2018, 04:30:05 pm ---Also, Ajokli cannot see Golgotterath/the Ark, he could only intuit something was there because of the extremely deep topos it represented ("some have always smelled your absence").

--- End quote ---

And?

Ajokli can see the whole universe, as with the other Gods, thus why the IF even worked when it wasn't on Earwa and it showed Alien creatures that they had souls and were somehow connected to the Gods. That the Gods couldn't see the place were the Ark occupied could have been for any number of reasons. None of which likely apply to the Inchoroi and their Creators en masse.

Its basically the same story as the Tusk the Inchoroi gave to Man so that they'd kill the Nonmen. Earwa (and/or the TSA story) is nothing if not cyclic, Ajokli giving the IF to the Inchoroi to convince them to do his bidding fits into they cycle perfectly.

There's really no logical explanation for the IF existence other than it being a gift from Ajokli. IMO.

False Man:

--- Quote ---“The Inverse Fire is naught but a window into my House,” the Dark God-Emperor said.
TUC, Chapter 18
--- End quote ---

Seems pretty straightforward to me

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: False Man on March 12, 2018, 06:48:49 pm ---
--- Quote ---“The Inverse Fire is naught but a window into my House,” the Dark God-Emperor said.
TUC, Chapter 18
--- End quote ---

Seems pretty straightforward to me

--- End quote ---
Is that a real quote? Seriously, I can't say I remember that, but man does that fit into my headcannon :). Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version