Earwa > The Unholy Consult

[Spoilers] Is the Consult doomed to fail?

(1/8) > >>

Cuttlefish:
A thought occured to me; Kellhus pretty much states that the hell witnessed through the Inverse Fire is something that's already happened/happening, because hell is outside the time spectrum of the world. He sees himself as something, while the Mutiliated and rest of the Consult (and I think, pretty much anyone who has looked at the Inverse Fire) witness themselves as being damned in hell.

So, my question is - if they're already in hell, then does that mean their eventual goal of shutting off the world is doomed to failure? Perhaps, not entirely, but they themselves will perish before they can escape damnation.

SmilerLoki:

--- Quote from: Cuttlefish on August 23, 2018, 01:20:09 pm ---A thought occured to me; Kellhus pretty much states that the hell witnessed through the Inverse Fire is something that's already happened/happening, because hell is outside the time spectrum of the world. He sees himself as something, while the Mutiliated and rest of the Consult (and I think, pretty much anyone who has looked at the Inverse Fire) witness themselves as being damned in hell.

So, my question is - if they're already in hell, then does that mean their eventual goal of shutting off the world is doomed to failure? Perhaps, not entirely, but they themselves will perish before they can escape damnation.

--- End quote ---
Eternity changes and can be changed, as both incarnations of the White-Luck Warrior found out.

TaoHorror:
Kellhus explaining to Proyas that The Consult/TNG eventually wins if not that day, complicates further. But good catch, CF.

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: SmilerLoki on August 23, 2018, 01:54:34 pm ---
--- Quote from: Cuttlefish on August 23, 2018, 01:20:09 pm ---A thought occured to me; Kellhus pretty much states that the hell witnessed through the Inverse Fire is something that's already happened/happening, because hell is outside the time spectrum of the world. He sees himself as something, while the Mutiliated and rest of the Consult (and I think, pretty much anyone who has looked at the Inverse Fire) witness themselves as being damned in hell.

--- End quote ---
Eternity changes and can be changed, as both incarnations of the White-Luck Warrior found out.

--- End quote ---
This.

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on August 23, 2018, 07:23:10 pm ---Kellhus explaining to Proyas that The Consult/TNG eventually wins if not that day, complicates further. But good catch, CF.

--- End quote ---
I'm still puzzled by that statement, and Bakker's answer in the AMA does not make it any more clear.

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on August 23, 2018, 07:35:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: SmilerLoki on August 23, 2018, 01:54:34 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
This.

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on August 23, 2018, 07:23:10 pm ---Kellhus explaining to Proyas that The Consult/TNG eventually wins if not that day, complicates further. But good catch, CF.

--- End quote ---
I'm still puzzled by that statement, and Bakker's answer in the AMA does not make it any more clear.

--- End quote ---

I forget, but Kellhus explains in the read that they have to end up winning otherwise there weren't be some current thing/condition in present day. Something about the gods maybe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version