Earwa > The Unholy Consult

[TUC Spoilers] Ajokli, Gods, and Chorae

<< < (2/2)

Wilshire:
I'm assuming the two are linked, and using Mimara's usurpation of the Chorae as a premise for how Thaumaturgy might affect the Aporetics... Very speculative territory here of course, since we know little about any of those things.

H:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on May 05, 2020, 03:15:15 pm ---I'm assuming the two are linked, and using Mimara's usurpation of the Chorae as a premise for how Thaumaturgy might affect the Aporetics... Very speculative territory here of course, since we know little about any of those things.
--- End quote ---

Right, we can only infer based on some scant premises.  In my own jargon-fueled "understanding" of Earwan ontology, the "source" of Mimara's "power" (the notional Cubit) and the source of Ajokli's power are similar in the sense of being foundational (continuous?) to the Real, where sorcery and Chorae are sorts of impositions into/onto the Real in a sense.

Rots:
I think H's post is great and i buy into a lot of it but in the end i think the answer is that Ajokli is a fucking God. He exists in all times at all times and can do what he wants.

I actually just finished a re-read and im back to being pretty annoyed/disappointed with TUC, especially. That is obviously my problem but i shouldnt have to read The False Sun for some good Consult stuff vs a book literally called The Unholy Consult. But, ymmv

Madness:
I miss your posts, Rots.

I can't say I disagree regarding the representation of OG-Consult.

(I'll be back later on topic.)

TaoHorror:
Could it be the opening of the gate was sorcery, so Mimara leveraged a Chorea to dispel and shut it? The description of the scene denotes something more/else, but not necessarily, could just be description of Chorea countering powerful magic/entity. I should re-read these sections before commenting, so apologies if this point is inane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version