Earwa > Atrocity Tales

The Four Revelations of Cinial'jin

(1/9) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---The Four Revelations of Cinial'jin[/u]

A tale concerning the memories and death of a Nonman Erratic.

Low Spoiler Rating for the Second Apocalypse
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Brother_Jacob ---Right the concept that Nonmen never cease growing, and somehow their growth being tied with heroic deeds (see Ciogli).  But then Cleric, while large, should be absolutely vast?  Or does it depend on the type of deed?  Not sure I like this concept.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Swense ---Somebody had a theory that under extreme stress, Nonmen release growth hormone in addition to adrenaline and whatnot. It wouldn't be much, and you'd have to be constantly stressed to see any serious growth (i.e. constantly in battle) but perhaps that would give those who had been fighting for a couple hundred years an extra couple inches or so? Ciogli could further be a defective Nonman who has far more growth hormone released per amount of stress, hence why he's the enormous nonguy he is.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: The Sharmat ---I'm guessing there's simply an uncommon but stable population of a benign gigantism allele in the original Cunuroi population. Either that or they had physical castes like social insects. Which would be weird.

The trait being assigned specifically to Cunuroi heroes seems to me to just be the resolt of a huge guy being simultaneously tougher to kill and more noticeable in a melee, producing a number of very distinct veterans to write ballads of.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Swense's interpretation actually made some sense to me. Though this whole "Nonmen heroes never stop growing thing" has bothered me since its inception.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version