Miscellaneous Chatter > Literature

HP Lovecraft

<< < (3/4) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Centurion ---I'm a huge Lovecraft fan.  I was only fourteen when I encountered his short stories, and they kept me up many a night.  The Rats in the Walls is probably my favorite.

Ironically, I believe that if Lovecraft knew the kind of following his work has generated since his death (i.e. horror concepts, Cthulhu Mythos, games, etc.) he would think we were all nuts.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---If I recall correctly he was phobic of the ocean. We've definitely mythologized his ideas... probably would scare him.

I can imagine him being terrified during Cloverfield, screaming about Dogon. Poor man. People would laugh at him.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Curethan ---
--- Quote from: Madness ---We've definitely mythologized his ideas... probably would scare him.
--- End quote ---

I remember reading that part of the reason for this was that Lovecraft allowed his creations to be used without fear of copyright or intellectual property rights.
Pioneer of open source fiction.  I was first exposed to the mythos through a D&D rulebook.  :D
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Too cool. I really appreciate SFF's start in serial fiction.
--- End quote ---

Madness:
Clark Ashton Smith

Anyone read anything by him?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version