Miscellaneous Chatter > Literature

HP Lovecraft

<< < (2/4) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I'm not big on horror fiction but to be fair, I've never really given it a chance.

Cheers, TS. Thanks for the hookups. Going to enjoy the listening. And for you...

The Revelator: We Heart Lovecraft Issue
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Truth Shines ---Rereading WLW, here's a moment of reflection from Sorweel:

"When he thought about the world beyond what his eyes could see, he saw souls in their innumerable thousands with only frayed threads to hold them, dangling over the gaping black of the Outside, and the shadows moving beneath, the Gods, ancient and capricious, reptilian with indifference, with designs so old and vast that there could only be madness in the small eyes of Men." [emphasis mine]

If that's not Lovecraftian, I don't know what is!  ;)
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---+1.

H.P. Lovecraft's Advice to Writers[/u]
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: coobek ---You cannot read fantasy for 20 years yet not hear of this guy. HP lurks benath the stories and referals to him are many. Yet only now I have gotten his book, with a 25% discount additionaly :-). I am mid through 15 stories right now and they are impresive, really. I had a bad dreams after them. And mostly I have no dreams at all. Except occasional bimbo :-)
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Haha. +1 coobek. He's a master of the craft, for sure.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version