Miscellaneous Chatter > General Misc.

lodown.net - heh, I comment, then comments are disabled?

(1/3) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---Someone linked to this site in the TPB comments. I commented - nothing actually dramatic or anything (more just asking for more info - scroll down to where there are comments to find mine and judge for yourself if you wish). I found the posts seem to cut to the heart of things. I could actually relate to the thought process.

But then comments get disabled?

http://lodown.net/

I find that sudden cutton of disconcerting -  it's kind of like being deprived of air, but the reverse - it's like needing to breath out, but denied (eternally). So I thought I'd breath out here and go, waz up with that? I can't remember who linked to it, but if they are a member here perhaps they could talk about how they came across the site previously?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Auriga ---Scött would have one or two things to say about the appalling moral certainty of the guy who doesn't want to publish comments that contradict his personal philosophy. ;)
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: bbaztek ---the logo for this blog should be an ouroboros except it's the author ravenously sucking his own dick

i mean come on

--- Quote --- Meditation is not zero-ontological. It is bullshit-ontological,* that is why Zen seems zero-derived. Silliness is fun, especially when rationalized as profound.
--- End quote ---

it's like he threw darts at a thesaurus
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---Well, I have to say I wanted to comment on the blog because the posts interested me. How I'd read that ontological reference is that he is asserting meditation does not let you escape ontological and reach some kind of zero ontological level. It seems an interesting assertion to make. And look how acidic Scott gets on the devils chirp twitter feed "Compliment: An interpersonal loan when flattering and a genuine gift when backhanded." - there are paralels there.

However, to just spit this bile at the world, but to become a shut in/turn off comments? For a start it's gutless - it's that safe area where you never have to be wrong about doing something, because you never do anything except bitch about absolutely everything. Safe place to be in, cause how can you ever be the target of your own bile when you only ever spit it and never do anything to be the target of it? But hypocritical in that you supposedly care about how things are bad in the world, but you do fuck all to change it because you're a big shut in. Wont even try and change the world the lazy way by talking with folks! It's like throwing away your vote in an election. A hermit of the semantic apocalypse? One of perhaps many to come?

Not that I don't have my own line of bile...

Ok, no more comments, threads closed!

Joking! LOL! But blunt weapons only, no knives! Lets keep it friendly! >:)
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: jamesA01 ---I'm the one who linked to Lodown.

The site is run by one Pierre Rousseau. I came across him in the youtube comments section of a Chris Hedges video. I've been half cyber stalking him since then.

I would be lying if I said he wasn't one of the most interesting thinkers I've ever come across and his writing doesn't play on my mind late at night. To be honest when I came across his stuff I felt like it was a path to reconnect with the mystical experience that led to the nervous breakdown that started me reading theory in the first place! It really hit home, suffice to say when I approach it more soberly there is lots to disagree with.

I have been commented on Pierres' sites for a while now and occasionally emailed him. However he is a very difficult man to talk with. I have repeatedly recommended that he read Bakker, even going so far as to send him the Last Magic Show essay over email. He has not responded to these requests. I also suggested he read Baudrillard, particularly The Perfect Crime. He claimed Baudrillard was the next subject of his investigation a while ago but it seems to have slipped his mind.

Honestly, if Pierre is mad then I'm as mad as he is, because I can't honestly get over the feeling that he's right and that I know what he's talking about in some really deep and true sense. But the kind of thing we're talking about is the kind of thinking that leads you to become a ranting homeless schizo street preacher.

The most glaring problem I have with him is his anti civilization talk and seeming idealization of some lost primitive arrangement. This type of hippie conservatism sets off massive alarm bells.

But now if you try and talk to him he simply says that the idea that you or he exist as selves is wrong and part of a junkie addiction of consciousness. You can't really get through to him.

If you want to read more of his stuff or contact him, you can find other sites and his facebook account here: http://pierre-rousseau.net/

His main site, lodown, is here: http://lodown.net/

I'll post extracts later on and we can start a proper discussion about these ideas.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version