Miscellaneous Chatter > General Misc.

lodown.net - heh, I comment, then comments are disabled?

<< < (2/3) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---*exhaling from a drag on an imaginary cigarette*

Wow, his hermitude seems a kind of thunder on the horizon. What's that notion about the seperation of experience and knowledge? Well there goes knowledge, off to it's hermit hut in the hills.

Already down a soldier.

Yeah, 'selves exist is junkie addiction', about that - so why does he engage in the gluttony of outpouring on several websites?

No, not mad...madness is a kind of innocence. He's not mad.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: jamesA01 ---Well, because he (not his existential self but the entity known as Pierre Rousseau, or X) is engaged in an investigation which will change the symbolic structure of consciousness and the organization of human life on earth completely by 2015 at the latest. (It's been pushed back a few years).

Basically, since the evolutionary emergence of language and the symbolic nature of human consciousness, there has been a terrible error, a junkie addiction to the sensation of volition. By 2015 there will be a spontaneous world wide awakening and consciousness will finally become coherent and healthy.

This is when we all apparently give up being addicted to the notion of the self and volition and the entire organization of our current life ceases. We realize that the law was an atrocity because by attributing guilt to people it only perpetuated the junkie addiction to volition.

Of course when I pressed Pierre about this he admitted that jails would still exist because there will be some people that still have to be detained. This was something he only admitted after I questioned him.

Pierre doesn't think that anything exists. The tree falling in the woods does not exist. Everything is narrative, everything is the same at the quantum level. The narrative is unhealthy due to the idea that humans exist and have selves and have intention.

Pierre says there is a prohibition in our culture on expressing the fact that our conscious experience is infinitely resolved and ineffable. It is this infinite/ineffableness that is destroyed by the junkie addiction to volition and the incoherence of our language.

Backing up his ideas are an impressive knowledge of quantum physics, Jaynes, child psychology, philosophy and science. Impressive though it is, it's ever changing and always deferring to the point of spontaneous global awakening when we will all be sane and have our utopia.

I should also point out that from what I've seen, up until about 2009 Pierre was obsessed with the Singularity and believed that AI would imminently bring about human extinction. He moved on from this idea but there are still youtube comments he made on Ray Kurzweil videos warning that the apocalypse was nigh.

Of course everything I've said is wrong because I am referring to him as an existential entity and using incoherent language which characterizes myself as an existential and intentional entity, but its the best I can do.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: jamesA01 ---
--- Quote from: Callan S. ---*exhaling from a drag on an imaginary cigarette*

Wow, his hermitude seems a kind of thunder on the horizon. What's that notion about the seperation of experience and knowledge? Well there goes knowledge, off to it's hermit hut in the hills.

Already down a soldier.

Yeah, 'selves exist is junkie addiction', about that - so why does he engage in the gluttony of outpouring on several websites?

No, not mad...madness is a kind of innocence. He's not mad.
--- End quote ---

As well as retreating to his hermit hut, he's stocking up on guns and ammo. Even to the point of using his theory to explain a conspiracy in incoherent consciousness to suppress rounds of a particular ammo he was trying to buy.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: bbaztek ---Callan it took a lot of liquor to say this but you have one of the most idiosyncratic and poetic posting styles I've ever seen in my long career as a Superstar Forum Poster. Sometimes I dunno what you're saying but other times you say some real beautiful shit keep on rockin and never change bro
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---
--- Quote from: jamesA01 ---As well as retreating to his hermit hut, he's stocking up on guns and ammo. Even to the point of using his theory to explain a conspiracy in incoherent consciousness to suppress rounds of a particular ammo he was trying to buy.
--- End quote ---
Ack!

There's basically two types of bullet I know of - bullets, and fuck you up bad bullets (hollow points, for example).

Uh, if there's a special kind of bullet he's trying to buy - why does he want to buy fuck you up bad bullets? (hell, wanting bullets should make me questioney, but no, it gets to fuck you up bad bullets and I'm asking)

Or are there special long shelf life bullets or something that's available?

--- Quote ---Pierre doesn't think that anything exists.
*snip*
Of course everything I've said is wrong because I am referring to him as an existential entity and using incoherent language which characterizes myself as an existential and intentional entity, but its the best I can do.
--- End quote ---
Doesn't it sound bogus when nothing exists, but somehow being wrong still exists?

I'm not trying to say even being wrong exists somehow, I'm just trying to say it seems a piecemeal repudiation of existance on his/its part.

bbaztek, I dunno what to say? Well, drink responsibly and in good health!? :)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version