Miscellaneous Chatter > General Misc.

Roleplaying.

(1/2) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Dædalus ---This will be awkward as a first post, but whatever I've never shied from potential social bombing.

So I really like the style of all of Bakker's books, I also like to expand and consider the settings of books I really enjoy, especially in a shared experience like roleplaying can and should be. This could be done entirely through writing, forums or an IM, or in a video game like any MMO or other game with multiplayer capability.

For video games I'd like to suggest this server: http://prologue-wow.com/

This video convinced me it leaves enough leeway with interaction for anyone to create some interesting scenarios: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pitaNJRLcU4

Using that server does mean it can't actually be the proper setting, though we could take some steps to try to get a very similar atmosphere. Any thoughts on this?

Hope I'm not only talking to myself here.  ;)
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Duskweaver ---I keep feeling the urge to write a sort of conversion kit to RP in the Second Apocalypse setting using White Wolf's New World of Darkness rules. But (1) I don't actually have the time available right now, and (2) whenever I start thinking about it, I always reach the conclusion that there's just too much Bakker has not yet revealed to us about how his world really works.

I'm only really interested in face-to-face tabletop RPing, to be honest. MMORPGs just aren't my thing. I can't even get into virtual 'tabletop' RPing; it seems like I need the other players to be physically in the room with me.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---It's interesting, Daedalus... somewhere out there are members who signed up and have just never returned, likely awaiting the Holy Dispensation of The Unholy Consult. I'm sure there will be interested parties when they find voice.

I created the Viramsata: Battle of the Authors thread in Writing as I'm distinctly not into RPing but was always attracted by its exercise in writing - I just never made the time to sit down and play with my friends who did - If it happened, I might play a couple here though.

Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Daedalus.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Duskweaver ---
--- Quote from: Madness ---somewhere out there are members who signed up and have just never returned, likely awaiting the Holy Dispensation of The Unholy Consult. I'm sure there will be interested parties when they find voice.
--- End quote ---
Perhaps they hide their Voices through fear of Damnation?

I propose we refer to lurkers as Nonmen from now on. :D
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Meyna ---
--- Quote from: Duskweaver ---
--- Quote from: Madness ---somewhere out there are members who signed up and have just never returned, likely awaiting the Holy Dispensation of The Unholy Consult. I'm sure there will be interested parties when they find voice.
--- End quote ---
Perhaps they hide their Voices through fear of Damnation?

I propose we refer to lurkers as Nonmen from now on. :D
--- End quote ---

I dreamed of this holy war, and so I have returned (but I never really left!).
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version