The ancient philosophers and "anagogic power"?

• 50 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2019, 11:19:01 am »
The 144k was Ganus(sp?) The Blind, it was a chapter header, and it sounded like it was relating events about the inchoroi homeworld,

Kellhus equated the Inchoroi winning and the No-God rising/winning. I'm not so sure these two are the same. The two seem intertwined, but as the Consult does not control the NG and it seems to otherwise do whatever it wants, I don't necessarily believe they are on the same team.

I see the NG as more of a force of nature than a conscious entity. Like an earthquake - the pressure builds and builds until some breaks loose and unleashes all the stored up energy.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2019, 01:49:40 pm »
When you say pressure builds, are you saying causality in the Bakkerverse can be understood just in the usual A -> B -> C sense?

Or is the pressure building because Time moves toward the End dictated by the Final Cause? I suspect that Bakker had a connection between authorial intent and Final Cause of the Bakkerverse through its own Salvation History. From what I've been taught about Salvation History, everything bends toward the return of Christ to Earth at which point "anything can happen".

Similarly, we've reach the end of Bakker's planned storyline with the rise of the No-God - which may be the end of Fate on Earwa.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2019, 01:59:51 pm »
Similarly, we've reach the end of Bakker's planned storyline with the rise of the No-God - which may be the end of Fate on Earwa.

Well, since I've taken a likening to Bakker via Hegel (in Heidegger's language), I don't think it's far fetched to entertain the posibility that the "trilogy" (that is, PoN, tAE and TNG) are akin to Hegel's thesis, antithesis, synthesis.  Which, Hegel actuallyed never used those terms, rather, concrete, abstract, absolute (not a coincidence in my mind).

So, I don't think we are at the end, rather we are at the inflection point here.  What is the synthesis?  A partly meaningful world?  I don't think the thrid part is simply the enumeration of the No-God's "victory" rather it would be something like Mimara's genesis into the vessel of synthesis.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2019, 03:15:09 pm »
Apologies but I'm gonna need a review of Hegel and his relation to the Bakkerverse...

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2019, 03:21:40 pm »
Apologies but I'm gonna need a review of Hegel and his relation to the Bakkerverse...

Well, at base level, where we arrived at in my "Souls" thread is sort of a bad take on actual Hegel.  I too though really need to brush up more on his actual philosophy myself.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2019, 11:21:25 am »
World-Soul and Kahiht (sp?) have some obvious one-to-one relationships to Hegel.

Drive-by interjection ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer