Earwa > General Earwa

Did the Consult change Esmenets womb to withstand Kellhus's seed?

<< < (2/6) > >>

H:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on January 12, 2018, 01:51:09 pm ---Never thought of that. Esmenet brings into the world both the only true prophet and the tool of the world's ultimate demise.
And ignorant of both.
If ignorance is holy, she's an archangel.
--- End quote ---

I guess we could  consider her a holy instrument?

See, I think it's entirely plausible that Serwë is actually damned.  Her ignorance is mighty, but she intensely and without any doubt was adamant in her devotion to Kellhus, who is a false prophet.  Esmenet always had doubt.

Wilshire:
Hmm, but you can be ignorant and have certainty.
In fact, the two usually go hand-in-hand: the more you know, the more you know you dont.

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  Wilshire ---Hmm, but you can be ignorant and have certainty.
In fact, the two usually go hand-in-hand: the more you know, the more you know you dont.
--- End quote ---

Like Koringhus? He understood his ignorance, and I believe he was saved by the God or whatever is behind the eye.

H:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on January 12, 2018, 03:57:26 pm ---Hmm, but you can be ignorant and have certainty.
--- End quote ---

Sure, I am not contesting that.  But Esmenet, even when duped, still doubted, where Serwë did not.

Wolfdrop:
On the womb topic, I’m unsure if it’s a TDTCB inconsistency but the first person to have sex with Esmenet after Aurang freaks out becomes his seed is black as well.

If there is some sort of lingering effect, surely Kellhus would have noticed. Bearing in mind the aforementioned encounter with the Eothic Guardrsman was weeks, if not months, after the first encounter with Aurang if I recall correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version