Earwa > General Earwa

Shimeh and the High Round

(1/5) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Curethan ---So I noticed that the High Round (the Mangecea's old stronghold, where Titirga was entombed) is in Shimeh.

Whatever that means.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Lol I suppose we have no actual first-time readers here yet - which is actually an assumption I feel uncomfortable making.

I'm not actually even sure I can raise objection. While Bakker suggested Major Spoilers for the Unholy Consult in the False Sun, he's also written that he intends The Atrocity Tales (at whatever point they might be released) would actually serve a precursor to Darkness, to break the ice of the series so to speak...

Hrm.

Anyhow, when I look at the map of Shimeh I see a place called the Round in the High City. And now I've found "And there was the High Round, the great fortress raised by Triamarius II, its black concentric walls overlooking the Meneanor" (TTT, p336-37).

I assume no relation, Curethan - possibly Bakker doesn't even realize.

--- Quote from: The False Sun ---Low mountains knotted the north and east, domes of bald granite rising from forested slopes: the hunchbacked Urokkas.[1]

Nogaral stood upon the westernmost summit, Iros, a mountain that was a mass grave. Little more than ramp of blunt granite, it climbed from the River toward the Sea, where it ended in scarped confusion. Ruins made gums and teeth of its heights, structures obliterated in an age that Men could not recollect for ignorance and savagery.[2]

Nogaral, they named it, the ‘High Round.’

1 – As the Norsirai called them. The Nonmen called them the Vir’holotoi, the “Wards-of-Viri.”

2 – The Blessed Falling, when the Flesh-Angels first descended from the Void.
--- End quote ---

Seems pretty clear cut to me that the Mangaecca built Nogaral with the help of Mekeritrig near the ruins of Viri, near the fallen Ark.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Curethan ---Ah yes, I forgot Viri seems to have been somewhere in the northeast.

I don't mind if you want to move or close the thread.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I think I'll just move it and see where the convo goes ;). I've let other threads survive for worse reasons.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Auriga ---Nah, as Madness pointed out, the place where Titirga died was on top of Viri, the mansion that was destroyed by the Inchoroi's landing. In other words, it's far to the northwest, very close to Golgotterath.

However, there is a Nonman mansion (of sorts) in the area of Shimeh. The hiding place of Moenghus is described as a holy place for the Nonmen, where they apparently gathered before the Womb-Plague.

(Siöl is the only named Nonman mansion that we don't know the location of, it seems. We know the whereabouts of Viri, Ishterebinth, Cil-Aujas, and that unnamed mansion under Shimeh.)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version