[TUC Spoilers] Kosoter

• 18 Replies

Swayal Serpent

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« on: July 30, 2017, 10:45:57 pm »
I remember seeing a comment from Bakker on Westeros where he said something along the lines of "we haven't seen the last of Kosoter". This was pre TUC, and after reading that I had figured that Kosoter would play a role in TUC, and had assumed he was the other decapitant. But after finishing the book, this seems unlikely. Any thoughts on how Kosoter will play a role in TNG? I really hope to see more of him, he was an intriguing character

[EDIT Madness: Title.]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:09:23 pm by Madness »

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 11:11:15 pm »
Yeah i also thought that Kosotor was the other head. Especially after seeing that comment.

I think it will to do with soul swapping or implanting souls into another body, using decapitatants. I guess it was no mistake that Sarl cut his head off.

Swayal Serpent

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 12:44:35 am »
Yeah i also thought that Kosotor was the other head. Especially after seeing that comment.

I think it will to do with soul swapping or implanting souls into another body, using decapitatants. I guess it was no mistake that Sarl cut his head off.

That sounds about right. There's no way that Kosoter being beheaded was just a coincidence, and after what we learned in TUC with malowebie still being "alive" after his beheading, it seems that Kellhus was using some sort of soul trapping. I wonder what his part will be in TNG. I'd love to see him return as some Uber ciphrang

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 01:13:57 pm »
With all this useful decapitation happening (including even Bakker's latest Atrocity Tale), his comment regarding Kosoter is very interesting.

I simply took him to mean that Sarl still had a role to play at some point (now obviously in TNG rather than TAE).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 01:17:00 pm »
With all this useful decapitation happening (including even Bakker's latest Atrocity Tale), his comment regarding Kosoter is very interesting.

I simply took him to mean that Sarl still had a role to play at some point (now obviously in TNG rather than TAE).

Decapitation is the new blindness.  Get on the "augmentation by subtraction" train today!
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 02:10:21 pm »
Lol. Blind yourself, see the World-Between. Decapitate yourself, and become a lightning rod for the Outside itself ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 07:15:53 pm »
Major derail, but am I the only one who automatically thinks The Next Generation (a la Star Trek) when I see TNG?  I know it means 'The No-God' but, still...  showing my age, I guess.
No whistling on the slog!

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 07:20:08 pm »
Major derail, but am I the only one who automatically thinks The Next Generation (a la Star Trek) when I see TNG?  I know it means 'The No-God' but, still...  showing my age, I guess.

No I think that as well. My entire value system has been irrevocably shaped by TNG and Transformers generaton 1. (as another derailment)

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 07:21:26 pm »

You're not the only one.
Mystery denotes darkness

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 07:23:55 pm »

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 08:08:38 pm »
Sorry, back to Kosoter.  I would have been satisfied with his storyline, were it not for that RSB comment about not being done.  Unless it's a reverse to the 'Cnaiur's storyline is done' way back ago.  Ha!  I don't know if I have any other thoughts on this particular subject.
No whistling on the slog!

Swayal Serpent

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 12:03:27 am »
Sorry, back to Kosoter.  I would have been satisfied with his storyline, were it not for that RSB comment about not being done.  Unless it's a reverse to the 'Cnaiur's storyline is done' way back ago.  Ha!  I don't know if I have any other thoughts on this particular subject.

Haha that would be brilliant if Bakker pulled a reverse Cnaiur, just to keep everyone on their toes

CondYoke

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 07:35:39 pm »

The latest Atrocity Tale was in the Evil is a Matter of Perspective collection, no? Any links to buy that?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 10:17:39 pm »

The latest Atrocity Tale was in the Evil is a Matter of Perspective collection, no? Any links to buy that?

Amazon.com and I'm sure via pretty much any online retailer at this point :).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 05:32:24 pm »

Haha that would be brilliant if Bakker pulled a reverse Cnaiur, just to keep everyone on their toes
lmao. Please no.

Amazon.com and I'm sure via pretty much any online retailer at this point :).
Worth the price of entry, but I'm a sucker for Earwa tales. Knife of Many Hands is elsewhere as well if you haven't gotten to those yet.
One of the other conditions of possibility.