What are you watching?

• 357 Replies

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2018, 08:10:58 pm »
Mindhunters was ok. A bit too restrained/laid back for me and the thing with the main character's personaliity spiralling out of control also felt contrived.

Also, @MSJ, I noticed you watch a lot of tv-shows. You said ini the discussioin about video games that you were worried about your family ending up in the West Virginia obesity statistics, but I'm pretty sure excessive TV watchinig contributes more to that than video-games ;)))
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:12:41 pm by TLEILAXU »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2018, 09:15:42 pm »
In work out for 45 mins everyday in off. Probably best shape I've ever been in my life. Only chance I ever get to watch TV is after 9pm. So, not a problem for me or my kids. In well aware of that fact. Tleilaxu, I apologized in the Olympic thread, that I didn't mean that it didn't take skill and training to compete at that level of video games. Just not a sport. Is it because you're not active in anyway you insist it is a sport? In well aware of what the cause of obesity is, but its not what you think. WV is also one of the poorest states in the US. Meaning we eat like shit, because we cannot afford to eat healthy. You can offset that with exercise, but when poor, unable to feed family properly, gain employment and so on, depression usually sets in. Therefore, not much exercising gets accomplished, a lot of beer drinking and drug abuse though. I'm well aware of the issue my state faces. Were poor and because of that we're either depressed fat asses or drug abusers.

ETA: I know I put down a lot of shows I've watched and enjoyed, but that's stretched out over a lot of time. Thank God for DVR and Netflix or I would never get to watch any shows because of my work schedule. I don't watch much TV. I'd say I'm on the internet more than watching TV.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:38:19 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2018, 09:24:45 pm »
Tleilaxu, I don't get your complaint on the way the main chatacters spirals out of control. How would you handle speaking to serial killers, trying to figure out why they do what they do? Then using that info to solve other serial murders. It was his pet project, one he went after with passion and commitment. I can see how that could happen to someone. Great series.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2018, 10:45:27 pm »
Tleilaxu, I don't get your complaint on the way the main chatacters spirals out of control. How would you handle speaking to serial killers, trying to figure out why they do what they do? Then using that info to solve other serial murders. It was his pet project, one he went after with passion and commitment. I can see how that could happen to someone. Great series.
There was just something about the way he became more arrogant to the point of his girlfriend breaking up with him that seemed contrived. It's definitely worth a watch though. The actor playing the big mustache killer did a fantastic job.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2018, 12:50:52 am »
Quote from: Tleilaxu
It's definitely worth a watch though. The actor playing the big mustache killer did a fantastic job.

Brrrrrr. Tell me that last scene of the final episode didn't give you the chills! Flipped me out.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2018, 02:55:28 am »
I watch a ton of tv and I'm out of shape. I loved Mind Hunters, glad it was restrained, it builds nice tension. I think I know who the killer is that they showcase in the beginning of each episode.

Fortitude is trippy, check it out.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2018, 04:47:10 am »
Quote from:  Tao
I think I know who the killer is that they showcase in the beginning of each episode.

Me too.....I think. Tell me if you have same idea, if not who you think.

(click to show/hide)

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2018, 03:00:00 pm »
Quote from:  Tao
I think I know who the killer is that they showcase in the beginning of each episode.

Me too.....I think. Tell me if you have same idea, if not who you think.

(click to show/hide)

+1  ;D

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2018, 03:07:31 pm »
Finished Altered Carbon. It was pretty entertaining throughout, though I never read the books. The nudity bit got less ridiculous as it went on, each episode probably a little less than the last, though still an unnecessarily part of every one.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2018, 03:31:41 pm »
Been watching Absentia, haven't finished it yet, but has it's hooks into me. Very fun show, forgive the mild absurdity - it puts a foot into the all knowing/all seeing psychological super villain space, but then takes it back out and becomes a bit more believable - anyways, forgive the almost omniscient villain appearance ( looking like it's not going all in that direction ) and I think you'all will like it a lot. I'll report more when I finish, 1/2 way through it now. Fun mystery so far.

If you like mysteries - check out The Expanse. I think it's been mentioned already, but bringing it up again. For a lower budget sci-fi show, it really shines. The first season is a bit better than the second with the mystery so so intense and cool, but second is still a strong follow up. Looking forward to the 3rd season coming out.

12 Monkeys finished off last year - I liked it and stuck with it - but it doesn't get an A from me, a B perhaps. Just got too discombobulated, but they still did a better job than most with time travel logic and I liked the characters and it was suspenseful and wicked evil in parts ( which when done well, is a hook for me ).

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2018, 03:28:31 am »
Absentia was good, I dug ii.

Watched 2 French tv shows ( English sub-titles ) just now: The Break and The Black Spot. Liked them both, intense cool stuff. As a rule, I'm liking the European crime shows better than American ones, they're more intense, don't pull any punches.

Dark ( German ) is excellent and the dubbing is very well done.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2018, 10:05:51 pm »
I've been watching Friday the 13th movies over the last couple of weeks, starting with 5-8 + the 2009 remake since I hadn't seen those before ever.
Two days ago I re-watched the original for perhaps the first time in 10 years and two things struck me that I forgotten everything about: 1. Kevin Bacon is in the movie; 2. It's actually really sad. Got close to crying in the end.

Thing called Sarcellus

• Nascenti
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
    • Stabface Enterprises
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2018, 06:56:31 pm »
I just started watching Westworld.   Fucked up show but seems pretty interesting so far

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2018, 02:55:03 am »
@TL ... I watched Friday the 13th II when I was a teen and I swear I went airborne at the very last scene and took hours to shake it off ( maybe days ... maybe ... years ).  ;D

@TCS ... ah, I found Westworld simply delicious and think it would appear to most, if not all, of us here as it deep dives into the construct that is consciousness, very tasty stuff - hope you dig it.

I need to start a thread on TH's guide to cool television - the one thing I outclass the bulk of this forum, proudly  ;D ... we all have our "gifts".

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2018, 05:41:00 am »
Haha, yeah there's a nice jump scare then, but honestly the whole sequence with the music playing to the shots of Crystal Lake + the ending line ("Then he's still there") actually made me very emotional.

I personally dropped Westworld after the first episode. The whole android/AI thing kinda pisses me off.