The Slog WLW - Chapter 5 [Spoilers]

• 16 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 04:29:05 pm »
Excellent point.  Given Kellhus' general badassery, it seems unlikely that he couldn't have gotten rid of Fanayal.  By instead relying on his more conventional forces to chase Fanayal, he effectively turned him into a legendary guerilla fighter.

There is an alternative explaination that I'm not sure I'm on board with, but it does fit with the overall theme of WLW and that is that the Solitary God is actually protecting Fanayal.  This ties in to Meppa really being a gift from the Solitary God as well.

Right, that fits into what what I call the "It's the Gods, stupid" theory of TAA: all the forces working against Kellhus (Psatma, Fanayal, Kelmomas, Achamian, etc) are being influenced by one of the Gods. 

I'm equally dubious of the notion.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 04:39:56 pm »
Right, that fits into what what I call the "It's the Gods, stupid" theory of TAA: all the forces working against Kellhus (Psatma, Fanayal, Kelmomas, Achamian, etc) are being influenced by one of the Gods. 

I'm equally dubious of the notion.

Yeah and the thing is, especially in this case, the end result is the same, for the purpose of determining Kellhus' motivation.  He knows about Fanayal on the loose, knows his threat level to the Empire, but did nothing to keep it escalating to where it is at the end of WLW.  In fact, he only exacerbated the situation by stranding Esmenet in a very hostile environment with little to no support to withstand what was coming.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira