• 66 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 09:46:07 pm »
The worst topos, yes, I'd think so. The death or the no god caused a topos, I imagine it's creation would as well .
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 09:54:49 pm »
The worst topos, yes, I'd think so. The death or the no god caused a topos, I imagine it's creation would as well .
And all the sweet, sweet suffering.
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 10:02:13 pm »
Yea, I'd say the Pit of Obscenities is the cause of the topos.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 03:06:46 pm »
Well of the Aborted? Also - whatever is up with Sibuwal at Hell City. That's just the place the Consult took people from, let alone the what they used those chattel for at Golgotterath.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 03:36:23 pm »
Well of the Aborted? Also - whatever is up with Sibuwal at Hell City. That's just the place the Consult took people from, let alone the what they used those chattel for at Golgotterath.

All I can think of is that since Wreleoth (spelling?) was the stockyard for the Consult, presumably something marked the place, and the people from it, as being off limits to Sranc, this way they wouldn't empty it out of carnal lust, etc.

So now, Sibawûl and the rest are the bearers of that mark, inherited either from the place itself or the souls still stuck in between from the Topos.

(Sorry guys, still on vacation, but I'll try to pop in once in a while.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:17:43 pm by H »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 05:09:25 pm »
Well of the Aborted, ok. Well, isn't there a Pit of Obscenities also? My point really was that there isn't just one thing that made the Ark a topos. Its the adding up of quite a many things.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2016, 09:58:44 pm »
Yeah, there's a Pit of Obscenities as well. I was just adding to it, and your point really, regarding the Well of the Aborted :) (which is where the Inchoroi apparently dumped their dead trying to graft things to beat the Nonmen, I think?).

Is vacation crazy, H?
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2016, 03:52:36 pm »
Yeah, there's a Pit of Obscenities as well. I was just adding to it, and your point really, regarding the Well of the Aborted :) (which is where the Inchoroi apparently dumped their dead trying to graft things to beat the Nonmen, I think?).

"Pit of Obscenities" is the literal translation of the Ihrimsû name Min-Uroikas, which is simply the name they called the Ark post-Consult.

Is vacation crazy, H?

All bit, pretty busy trying to fit everything in.  I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation.  Also doesn't help that our minivan's AC died on the way here, haha.

[EDIT Madness]: Just modified your quote tags.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:08:47 pm by Madness »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2016, 04:09:03 pm »
Lol - Griswold family vacation at its finest.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2016, 05:02:20 pm »
Lol - Griswold family vacation at its finest.

Indeed, still a long drive back too, haha.  I'd probably post a bit more but as you saw, messing with quotes is a hot mess from the phone.

Walter

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2016, 05:18:12 pm »
So, Kellhus coming back to Momemn is extremely interesting to me.  Beyond that, the fact that he's still talking to Malo about treaties, and sending him to deal with Zeum's gov...it all seems to indicate that he is once again taking an interest in the New Empire.  Has he given up on the Ordeal?

Also, what broke the White Luck?  It seemed like it was Kelmomas's cry, but why would that do it?  Could it be because Yatwer can't see Samarmus in his mind?  Spitballing here.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2016, 05:33:19 pm »
Generally speaking, I think what got the WLW is that something happened outside of his/Yatwer's "infinite vision". It's a pretty blatant demonstration of "the Gods are blind to what they are blind to".

If Kellhus came back, its hard to assume that he didn't always plan on it. Or, maybe that nuke damaged the Ordeal in such a way that suddenly Kellhus figured he better make sure plan B (ie, whatever is going on with Empire and Zeum) is going as planned.

Contingencies for running out of sranc seem to be planned for, so I don't think the dispersion of the Horde-Meat-Cattle was the trigger for Kellhus coming back. Maybe, though, this happened sooner than what he expected, but to me it doesn't seem a huge stretch that kellhus figured a decisive victory at Dagliash would destroy most of the sranc one way or another.

If not for the nuke, the sranc would have just kepts pouring through the mountain passes, dying in the millions. Incidentally, the tekne-nuke might have ended up saving more of the sorcerers than it destroyed. The schools seemed to be pretty hard pressed on the mountains, and they were starting to lose some members. Assuming that the Swayali got away and were able to warn/protect some of the schools, the whole thing might have really been a net gain. We have already been told the Ordeal is really just a meat shield for the Schools. It'll just be a bit more Meat than Shied as they cross Agongorea.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:35:00 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2016, 11:46:00 pm »
So, Kellhus coming back to Momemn is extremely interesting to me.

Very interesting, indeed. And, I disagree Wilshire, it was never always part of the plan. We have his convo with Proyas in WLW where he says that Momemn will be left to ruin and it's why he forbid Cants of Calling. This "more" Dûnyain bit, is simply Kellhus combining emotion with his intellect. He says as much to Esme, that he came back to salvage what he could. Because? He cares.

Koringhus is a great example. He saved the boy, and it certainly wasn't happenstance or any such thing. Throughout his POV we see him gain feelings, it's natural once Dûnyain step into the world, Koringhus just learned and grasped it sooner. It's all part of his grasping of the Absolute, imho.

Wic

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2016, 02:24:35 am »

Also, what broke the White Luck?  It seemed like it was Kelmomas's cry, but why would that do it?  Could it be because Yatwer can't see Samarmus in his mind?  Spitballing here.
I think it's one of two things (or more likely, a combination):

1. through some conceptual voodoo, constantly shadowing WLW in the hidden spaces of the palace, Kel found himself in the White Luck's blind spot.

2. Ajokli.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2016, 02:31:23 am »

I think it's one of two things (or more likely, a combination):

1. through some conceptual voodoo, constantly shadowing WLW in the hidden spaces of the palace, Kel found himself in the White Luck's blind spot.

2. Ajokli.

I agree that it's a combination of the two. Interesting aside, Madness and I (&Blackstone) were talking about how some speculate that Ajokli sees what the rest of the 100 can't (this from the convo between the Narinder and WLW). So, maybe it's that Ajokli can literally see that blind spot and through Uneerring Grace, placed Kelmommas in that spot. So, essentially exactly what you said, but something to ponder going forward.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:40:14 am by MSJ »