Miscellaneous Chatter > RPG Discussion

[TSA P&P RPG] Design discussions aka brainstorming the rules-set

<< < (3/19) > >>

Somnambulist:

--- Quote from: Kellais on December 10, 2013, 06:49:35 pm ---So, can all readers of this thread that are interested to take part in this please speak up an decide which approach they'd prefer!

--- End quote ---

I personally have not played any 'story-telling' type games, so I wouldn't have much to contribute if it goes that route.  My preference would be for the 'simulation' brand, as that's where my particular interest lies.

FB, creative writing is paramount for pnp rpg games as you don't have the interface of a video game to show you the world you're in.  Flavor and ambience are literally given through word and illustration.  So even if you're unfamiliar with the mechanics of rulesets, there's absolutely a need for people who can write and 'show'  the world to the players.

Kellais:
Francis, maybe in this case you can help us write up and collect all the data for the world of TSA? I know it is not very creative, but we need that as well ;)
On the other hand, if you are also very interested to take part in here, why not purchase the rules (there is a pdf option that is not as expensive as a printed book) of RQ6 and read through them?
There are also rules that are very similar to RQ6 and are free. Google for Openquest srd or Legend srd (with the legend srd you have to pay attention...there are possibly two games that have that name and an srd...we are talking about the one which is a percentile dice system, not the 20 sided die variant).

Hope that helps. If you need more pointers, just post in here or send me a PM.

Somna, as we do not have that much input from other members, i guess we should just go ahead and try to work with RQ6. It seems the first interest has already died down and the overall interest is negligible (as you predicted, Madness ;) ).

Somnambulist:
Kellais, sounds good.  The holidays are upon us and I'm stretched, but still reading through RQ6 as and when I can.  Bit slow going atm, but hopefully will be able to contribute something more worthwhile in the relatively near future.  The ideas are there but the time is not.  :)

Madness:

--- Quote from: Kellais on December 23, 2013, 03:49:04 pm ---It seems the first interest has already died down and the overall interest is negligible (as you predicted, Madness ;) ).

--- End quote ---

It'll come, Kellais. We're the early adopters posting on the forum at this point. Someday, Bakker's gonna blow up in terms of people paying attention. I feel it 8).

I have very little interest in playing but I will definitely help in the FB capacity and do some clerical writings :).

Francis Buck:
I think the series will take off once it's completed, personally. Whether or not it will ever become super-mega-popular, I do not know, but I have no doubt that, say, maybe ten years or so down the road, TSA will be looked upon as one of greatest achievements in the genre. I thik it's kind of inevitable, honestly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version