• 21 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 11:37:11 pm »
Lol - Bakker confirms that Somnambulist's rendition is Kellhus in the Thousand Hells.

And so torched Malowebi speculation, I think :D.

Also, Somnambulist, he says we should ply you... what secret secrets do you have, friend :P?

Yea, I thought the same, yet there are times that Kellhus references the head on a pole behind him in mundane conversation. Now, wether this is just to elude to the Outside, it might be. Interesting that where Kellhus went and the scene is specifically the Thousand Hells. So, I assume it's a specific place within the Outside? Or, is all the Outside hell?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 07:45:13 am »
Koringhus. Kellhus. Serwa. All have thoughts when they think about their distinctively other inner voice.

Koringhus even talks to his.

Like samarmis and kelmomas.

There is a head on a pole behind each of them.

Samarmis can even manifest to the point of biting the neck of the head in front of him.

Then there is the confounding factor of onkis. Inrau names her the goddess of the darkness that precedes everything. Shaeonanra described her in similar terms.

Her aspect is a head on a pole.

Kellhus says in the rape of proyas scene that he discovered the head on the pole.

So I think it is a technique that may be unique to the Dunya in but could also be an onkis derived tool for navigating the outside.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 03:53:31 pm »
Well, when Kellhus does his, "The logos has no beginning or end, The logos has no beginning or, The logos has no beginning......" little drill with the Monk, he is taking control of that inner voice. As has Koringhus and Serwe, I assume. Its basically just your conscious, as we all know can play dirty tricks on you - hence, The Darkness That Comes Before. Now, bare with me here because my understanding of the psychological and metaphysical is minute. But, "A head on a pole behind you"= The Darkness That Comes Before. So that inner voice is basically a "real thing" that precedes you if you allow it, it is the darkness that comes before. So, Onkis being a diety of a head on a pole and she is also an aspect of the God, the darkness that comes before.

Now, if Locke is right, and the Nonmen created the Gods and knew the Aspects and such. Their name for Yatwer is the fertility principle(?), I'd love to know what Onkis's is.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 06:12:30 pm »
I also meant to say, that with Kelmommas, he hasn't been trained at all. We know the Voice is Sammy, or that's what it says it is, so it's a little bit of a different scenario. Regardless, I like where you're going with this Locke, and I believe there is some link here with Onkis, the DTCB, inner voices and the head on the pole behind you. Love to hear others thoughts......

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 08:20:37 pm »
also some connection to malowebi demon head?

or some connection to Koringhus thoughts on blindness?

or some connection to what Emilidis was trying to achieve with the Black Cauldron before it was turned into a prison/punishment after the fact?

I think the demon head is why the nonmen touched kellhus in the WLW, and likewise has something to do with how the nonmen were able to more or less instantly identify that Sorweel was demon touched by Yatwer.  They know some shit about this shit.

MisterGuyMan

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 01:39:39 pm »
Might not be related but the only thing I thought of when I read that was how there's a god whose idol is a head on a pole.  I can't recall which exactly this was.  Anyone have any thoughts?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 01:46:02 pm »
Might not be related but the only thing I thought of when I read that was how there's a god whose idol is a head on a pole.  I can't recall which exactly this was.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Onkis. Locke has some great thoughts on it over in the Ishtinberith thread.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:53:26 pm by MSJ »