Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 04:46:17 pm »
So, I was in the process re-reading TGO, when I noticed a continuity error with Malowebi's beheading and Kellhus' description. Perhaps it' just an oversight and/or result of literary ploy of switching character viewpoints, or maybe there's something else going on... Put on your tinfoil hats!

This was brought up in a couple of TGO ARC threads, Mandos.

I'm fairly sure it's just an error in editing but I've never heard anything from TMH on the subject.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:48:53 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 06:53:37 pm »
Well i have a theory there are two kellhus kicking about.

I was going to explain it all with textual references on the podcast but nobody showed up.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 07:16:54 pm »

I was going to explain it all with textual references on the podcast but nobody showed up.

Well, bifurcated-Kellhus is better than time-traveling Kellhus, at least.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 09:43:10 pm »

Here is as good a place as any, I'd love to hear it.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 05:51:01 pm »

Here is as good a place as any, I'd love to hear it.

Indeed ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 10:14:12 pm »
@ Madness - "Does a Ciphrang's skill-set just max out in possessing a sorcerer?"  I wonder if this will be something that will give away his demonness--Malowebi comes back and does socrcery without totems or something.

@ JRControl - Hey JRC!  Nice to meet you!  Ha!  Likaro is fucked, yeah! 

@ Cosi - Hello Cosi!  Glad you are here!  I wonder if possession mutes all the pain that the ciphrang experienced at Shimeh?  It could be that being embodied is like being well connected to the Outside?

@ themerchant - I guess you're right, it could be that Malowebi is the asshole!  Maybe in TUC the POV for Zeum chapters will be Likaro!  He's always going on about that asshole Malowebi.  "That's just like Malowebi.  We send him to Fanayal and the next thing you know the Fanayal's dead, his uprising is crushed, and Malowebi comes back as demon!  Negotiation isn't just about bedding slave-boys Mal!"

Two Kellhuses?  TWINS???  That would be interesting!

@ Onrack - Hi!  So many new people! :)  Makes you wonder where that second head is going to go?  Esmi?  Lil Moenghus?  Issiral?  A Consult Nonman?

@ MSJ - I totally think that that's what's going to happen.  I bet part of the magic is that Kellhus hangs Malowebi's head from his girdle and Malowebi becomes the human POV that watches the conversation between Kellhus and Aurax at the end of TUC.  Also, I bet Malowebi's head changes to look like the decapitant's and we find out that the other decapitant is ALREADY IN PLAY.  Conversations between Malowebi and … Kosoter???  Maybe Sarl's got Kellhus' other decapitant hanging from his beard :)

@ Mandos - Hi!  Cool name!  Was just responding to MSJ--I think Malowebi's head takes the appearance and place of the decapitant in play

Also got to wonder if Kellhus is really limited to just 2.  I could see Bakker misdirecting us--Kellhus has as many of these goddamn fuckers as he wants but lets on that it's just two. 

I wonder if one of the two decapitants is the Son that told Kellhus "The living should not haunt the dead"?  That guy seemed like a king-ciphrang

I wonder what would happen if Kellhus lopped off Cnauir's head and replaced it with a decapitant?  Double Ciphrang?

From Malowebi's previous comments, Zeumi sorcerers have some experience in dealing with ciphrang possessed individuals.  Does Kellhus intend Ciphrang-Malowebi to fail?  Provocation to absolutely pit Zeum against the New Empire?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 11:28:00 pm »
Ahhhhh, I've missed you, MG! So nice to have your speculation.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 02:42:00 am »

Cheers MSJ!  Hope to be posting more!

Say--Madness!  I may never end up being a nurse, but maybe I've earned Nernadel-something for custom title?  :P

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2016, 04:13:34 pm »
I'll recount the theory on the next podcast.

I will say that Malowbi sees and notices Kellhus's halo's twice. Once markless (as people have noted) and once "Golden discs shimmered about a head and hands noxious for their mark"

Now it could be shit editing and meant to read noxious for their lack of mark, but his mark is described in similar fashion earlier.

Dont Skald Me Bro

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2016, 08:50:42 pm »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2016, 09:09:25 pm »

I will say that Malowbi sees and notices Kellhus's halo's twice. Once markless (as people have noted) and once "Golden discs shimmered about a head and hands noxious for their mark"

Now it could be shit editing and meant to read noxious for their lack of mark, but his mark is described in similar fashion earlier.

I seen that I was finishing up my reread, definitely interesting. I kind of thought that Kellhus's Mark is so deep it makes his HANDS look noxious in contrast to the Golden Discs. Though admitdly, that could be me just rationalizing.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2016, 10:34:39 pm »

I seen that I was finishing up my reread, definitely interesting. I kind of thought that Kellhus's Mark is so deep it makes his HANDS look noxious in contrast to the Golden Discs. Though admitdly, that could be me just rationalizing.

Aye probably is that. It is a bit ambiguous in my reading though.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 12:05:10 am »

+1

Say--Madness!  I may never end up being a nurse, but maybe I've earned Nernadel-something for custom title?  :P

We had a new one for you and Camlost at Ishoiya... but good luck picking it out of my drunken feverish memory.

But yeah, let me know.

Best do ;).

Aye probably is that. It is a bit ambiguous in my reading though.

Or poor editing :(.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 04:45:26 pm »

NICE CONTRAST!  What if Mimara sees Kellhus and he is somehow both truly holy and truly cursed simultaneously?  With multiple gods I guess that is possible.  Maybe he is deliberately creating himself as a contradition that the gods cannot understand.  Here's the forumula: become super-damned by meta-gnosis + become metaphysically exalted by convincing millions to believe you are divine = gods so confused they lose some control, Kellhus can foresee their WLW and plan around it (like if the scene where Kellhus took a sword to the neck was just what Kellhus imagined would happen and never really did) or he can run back the clock a little bit when it suits him.  He's got to a point where the forking no longer matters to him; he can go back to the live branch if he finds himself on the dead one.

@ Madness :)

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2016, 06:36:38 pm »
We'll I think that's true MG, he is both harvesting the fields and looking for a way to stop damnation. The ultimate long con if there ever was one.