Excerpt - The Unholy Consult, Chapter Three (Summary)

• 56 Replies

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2014, 04:30:59 am »
Yeah its been mentioned before. Could be our first first-person POV of the compulsions.

Besides all of Kellhus POVs in PON?  That is, Moenghus is compelling him all the way and is still alive?

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2014, 08:54:26 am »
Yeah MG,

"Something inexplicable moved him"...

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2014, 01:11:42 pm »
I had to break cover for this one...

Common' people.

Esmenet's interaction with "the handsome stranger" in her TDTCB POV is compulsed! How can you miss that in hindsight :P?

The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2014, 02:34:36 pm »
I don't think it is, Madness. She is manipulated, yes, but why bother with the fucking if she was being compelled via sorcery? Using magic on Esmi might has alerted Akka, who they were spying on, and I doubt they would have taken that chance (regardless of how remote it was). They manipulated her bestial passions, and used the promise of ecstasy to extract information.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2014, 11:22:57 pm »
I'd like to point out that when I was there initially, he said 180k words. Now, current estimates put it around 300k.

coobek

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2015, 02:18:58 pm »
Cheerio,

So when will it be out?

I've been waiting for too long now. Didn't browse through board for half a year. WHat is the latest status?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2015, 02:25:34 pm »
http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=446.0

"Soon" and/or "near future"  is the latest update, but you may have missed something here and there. The link should be interesting to read through.

TUC may be released as 2 separate books. If so, the first one will be The Great Ordeal, the second will be The Unholy Consult (according to his blog)

Also, since June, Madness and a few others were sent manuscripts of the book for review and editing , so it is at least partially finished...

If you didn't know, Grimdark Magazine released the first half of Bakker's most recent Atrocity Tale "The Knife of Many hands". Its an online magazine, and costs about 2.50 USD for the whole issue. its quarterly, so the next half of that particular story will be out in March. Currently, the only way to access the story is to purchase the magazine.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:32:38 pm by Wilshire »

coobek

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2015, 02:35:03 pm »
Thanks Wilshire I will review the mag.

If it will be as good as the other tale about the Sheonara it certainly worth 5 times that.

How about movie or games - is there a talk about those anywhere?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2015, 02:39:10 pm »
Nothing that I am aware of.

Pretty much everything that is officially known has come up on TPB and is more or less linked in the thread I've linked.

There is a huge amount of art in the past few months, so you might want to check that out if you are looking for a Bakker fix (other than the magazine, which is certainly worth the $2.50)

http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1405.165
Current thread ^

Currated thread, with all the art linked without any of the comments from the above thread:
http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=1040.msg19908#msg19908

anasurimbor moenghus

• Emwama
  • thats what you say to crazy people
    • View Profile
    • desperation and the written word
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2015, 07:23:40 am »
One last thing, when the professor addressed Bakker, specifically when it was just them two talking and typically around the time of leaving, be called him Anasurimbor. Why?

cause bakker is maithanet o when we all go to earwa thats who bakker is going to be when the second apocalypse is looming o its how they broke the fourth wall at the end of the white luck when they wrote out their own death in a weird kind of quazi suicide o

it doesnt matter much in the end because maithanet was the one to suggest porsi to the anasurimbors x they more than provided for the family in just that one act o at least x it made up for them killing inrilatas even before they did it o like the priest in his dark materials books who gains favor and forgiveness and grace BEFORE committing the murder o esmenet was worried to death that something bad was going to happen and then it did xx and the reason esmenet was worried was because porsi is so grand!!!
you know how many
worlds weve gone through to get here
this is the last world

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2016, 07:47:12 pm »
I don't think it is, Madness. She is manipulated, yes, but why bother with the fucking if she was being compelled via sorcery?
This is Aurang we're talking about. The question for him wouldn't be "why bother with the fucking?" it would be "why NOT?"

'We are the Race of Flesh,
We are the Race of Lovers'