• 24 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 03:25:45 pm »
Well, yea, I know that it's Ishroiya(sp?). I was just thinking for it to be able to keep Malowebi alive that it might have been ensorcelled at some point. You know, when was the last time Kellhus has even used his sword? I can't recall that. Also, I believe Malowebi "head" is going to stay alive....on a pole......watching.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 01:04:28 am »
I did find it interesting that Bakker thru Wert revealed the bit about Zeum having appropriated a Mansion. There are certain things that would do to offset Zeum sociocultural evolution comparably to the Three Seas (which suggests that Zeum, being one of five tribes, has a fairly small population to land area ratio) and that the dividends of a Mansion would be prevalent but not enough for it to be feasible for Zeum to dominate the Three Seas.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 05:32:41 pm »
I did find it interesting that Bakker thru Wert revealed the bit about Zeum having appropriated a Mansion. There are certain things that would do to offset Zeum sociocultural evolution comparably to the Three Seas (which suggests that Zeum, being one of five tribes, has a fairly small population to land area ratio) and that the dividends of a Mansion would be prevalent but not enough for it to be feasible for Zeum to dominate the Three Seas.
Is that a recent thing? I just read the account of the Cuno-Inchoroi War on Wertzone. I was stoked to see the locations of some of the other mansions. It really helped to put some things into perspective.
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 02:53:49 pm »
Yeah, as I mentioned to you per our chat :). Bakker corresponding with Wertzone and such. Though, I was surprised that there was little new information in part two.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Triskele

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Condouchioned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 01:37:28 am »
I thought that perhaps he'd been turned into a Wathi doll or something acting on similar principles and that was how/why Kellhus commanded him to go and assassinate the Zeumi leadership.  Basically a bigger version of Akka asking the Wathi doll to come and destroy the uroborean circle.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 01:45:59 am »
I thought that perhaps he'd been turned into a Wathi doll or something acting on similar principles and that was how/why Kellhus commanded him to go and assassinate the Zeumi leadership.  Basically a bigger version of Akka asking the Wathi doll to come and destroy the uroborean circle.

The way I read it is when Kellhus placed the decapitant's head on his body, then the Cphrang is bound by Kellhus's will since he killed it and brought it from the Outside. Of course, there probably has to be some sorcery involved there. Namely, I believe that Kellhus has had Ishroiya ensorcelled, since Malowebi's head still seemed to be "alive".
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Triskele

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Condouchioned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 11:41:13 pm »

The way I read it is when Kellhus placed the decapitant's head on his body, then the Cphrang is bound by Kellhus's will since he killed it and brought it from the Outside. Of course, there probably has to be some sorcery involved there. Namely, I believe that Kellhus has had Ishroiya ensorcelled, since Malowebi's head still seemed to be "alive".

Part of what is confusing to me is that it seems like Malo's POV continues after his decapitation but with the Decapitant's head fused to Malo's decapitated body.  It seems like Malo's POV ought to have ended when his proper head was removed and that Malo's body would now more-or-less be belonging to the Ciphrang. 

Akka did talk about soul-trapping earlier in the book with Mimara...perhaps a set up of sorts for this saying that souls are exceedingly complicated...so maybe Kellhus' new assassin is somehow part Ciphrang and part Malo?  That would be a crazy POV to have in the next book.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 05:17:57 am »

Part of what is confusing to me is that it seems like Malo's POV continues after his decapitation but with the Decapitant's head fused to Malo's decapitated body.  It seems like Malo's POV ought to have ended when his proper head was removed and that Malo's body would now more-or-less be belonging to the Ciphrang. 

Akka did talk about soul-trapping earlier in the book with Mimara...perhaps a set up of sorts for this saying that souls are exceedingly complicated...so maybe Kellhus' new assassin is somehow part Ciphrang and part Malo?  That would be a crazy POV to have in the next book.
Which might explain why he said malowebi was his favorite to write

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 02:19:59 am »

Well, that's why I said that I thought that Kellhus's sword had been ensorcelled (a la' Chipmunk maybe?) IIRC, we witness the decapitant's head being placed on Malowebi's body through Malowebi's POV of just his head. Its why I thought the Malowebi is the head on a pole theories were brilliant. Also, I think we're going to get more POV from just Malowebi's head. Didn't Ptsama say that his destiny was to witness?

Triskele

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Condouchioned
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 01:55:30 am »
Ptatma did say that his destiny was to witness.

Heh, what if Malo-as-Ciphrang at least gets to take revenge in Likaro?  Maybe Kellhus can give him that as a scrap.