The Inchoroi and their minds. (Possible Spoilers)

• 8 Replies

Sillyfish

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: April 11, 2018, 08:08:06 am »
(click to show/hide)

Edited: PLaced everything in a spoiler tag and rewrote the thread title. Just in case someone who hasn't discovered this information yet comes across it.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:56:58 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Have you read TUC already?

(click to show/hide)
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 02:01:35 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  Have you read TUC already?

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 02:05:09 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 02:11:09 pm »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 02:15:10 pm »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

A fair point, unfortunately we'll likely never know.

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 04:36:54 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Edited: PLaced everything in a spoiler tag and rewrote the thread title. Just in case someone who hasn't discovered this information yet comes across it.
As H said, they might simply be built better for long life spans, but then again, we do see evidence of them losing their memories. I cannot remember which book it is, but in one of them we have Aurang musing over his past and although he can remember having been on previous worlds, he cannot actually remember being there, IIRC.

Edit: Alright, here it is, in the beginning of chapter 13 of The Unholy Consult:
Surfaces vast and gold soared and plunged about the Inchoroi, who appeared sepia for reflected light, like something carved from an apple. He hung out from one arm, clawed feet braced against the Horn's impenetrable skin, so high his lungs ached for the the emptiness of the air. Though he had been Grafted for this world, the frame of his body remembered its distant womb, or at least held fast some portion of it. His soul, however, recalled nothing of his origin, unless solace could be called recollection. he dreamed it on occasion, especially when novelty had commanded his day, as if all those ancient experiences, hidden as they were, remained essential to his understanding. But he could never remember these dreams. He knew only that contentment hummed deep within, hanging thus, stirring him to wonder at worlds with thinner air.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:02:29 pm by TLEILAXU »

natanaj

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 11:20:06 pm »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

A fair point, unfortunately we'll likely never know.
We might know. Araux is still alive. Maybe the mutilated will make use of him

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Sillyfish

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 11:49:49 pm »
Thank you for the welcome. :)

Yes, I have read all the books and am eagerly awaiting for the new novel Bakker is working on currently. So many questions!

(click to show/hide)