• 19 Replies

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« on: January 22, 2018, 01:00:18 pm »
**** SUPER BOWL CONTEST ****

Open to all TSA Forum members.

Here's the deal: Just pick the final score for both teams! Closest guess wins!

GO EAGLES!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:50:24 pm »
(click to show/hide)

My spoiler tag is two-fold: one at humor ( hope obvious ) and the other as to not influence your pick before you make it for yourself.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:47:19 am »
Patriots 27 Eagles 24

Close game. But, your playing the goat man and you give Belichek two weeks to prepare, and Brady's hand gets better, I just don't see them losing. But, the Eagles are an all-around great football team. If they can get up early and force Brady to throw all the time, the could pull it off. They'll need luck at some point to.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:05:27 am »
Patriots 27 Eagles 24

Close game. But, your playing the goat man and you give Belichek two weeks to prepare, and Brady's hand gets better, I just don't see them losing. But, the Eagles are an all-around great football team. If they can get up early and force Brady to throw all the time, the could pull it off. They'll need luck at some point to.

I don't know, man. It's unarguable the Patriots are legendary, maybe the best ever - but I think they're the most accomplished team, not the best I've ever seen. They seem to win on other team's mistakes and when a team gets up on them, the opposing team folds under the pressure, letting their exhilaration get the best of them, cease performing and lose from trying too hard to not lose the game ( as someone said, the Jags would've won if they kept throwing on 1st down, started too early in running out the clock ). But we'll see ...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:07:42 am by TaoHorror »

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:18:17 pm »
Eagles 26, Patriots 24.

As H admonishs in the NFL thread, "Play the whole game, Eagles!"
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 08:53:15 pm »
Quote from:  TaoHorror
I don't know, man. It's unarguable the Patriots are legendary, maybe the best ever - but I think they're the most accomplished team, not the best I've ever seen. They seem to win on other team's mistakes and when a team gets up on them, the opposing team folds under the pressure, letting their exhilaration get the best of them, cease performing and lose from trying too hard to not lose the game ( as someone said, the Jags would've won if they kept throwing on 1st down, started too early in running out the clock ). But we'll see ...

Well....I did pick the Pats you know?

Look, they're not unstoppable. They've lost two Super Bowls. Fact. When losing this SB's it tool luck from opposing team, David Tyree. Fact. Pats are not unstoppable.. Fact.

Look it will take getting an early lead on them. It will take the Eagles sticking to na game plan and not changing that game plan when up by 14. They have to play to win, not play to not lose. Eagles just blew out a very good Vikings team by 30. They're a very good team all-around. You could say their one weakness is Nick Foles a back up QB. Yet, if Foles can have a repeat of last week, things look good for the Eagles.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 06:18:18 am »
Philadelphia 24

New England 20

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 03:23:31 am »
OMG, what a game that was - one for the ages!

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 05:45:24 am »
Congrats, Tao! You picked the Eagles, and you were closest on the score (19 points away!) The rest of us were WAY too conservative on the points scored!

Bolivar:  Eagles, but 30 points off....
BFK: Eagles,  but 24 points off.....
MSJ: Patriots, and 23 points off....

What a game!

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 11:36:01 am »
Oops, forgot to post a prediction...oh well, just glad the Patriots lost...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 01:53:00 pm »
Congrats, Tao! You picked the Eagles, and you were closest on the score (19 points away!) The rest of us were WAY too conservative on the points scored!

Bolivar:  Eagles, but 30 points off....
BFK: Eagles,  but 24 points off.....
MSJ: Patriots, and 23 points off....

What a game!

Thank you, thank you! We all get lucky at times.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 02:27:31 am »
Glad the Pats lost!

Not happy to see such a poor defensive showing but it was awesome with how explosive it was, full throttle offense for sixty minutes. I was at a bar and went out after the win, was such an amazing vibe in Philly.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 02:49:55 pm »
Glad the Pats lost!

Not happy to see such a poor defensive showing but it was awesome with how explosive it was, full throttle offense for sixty minutes. I was at a bar and went out after the win, was such an amazing vibe in Philly.

Yeah, I bet. Tampa was full of glee when the Bucs won back in 2002. It's a fun day for a city when their team wins the big one. It's in the books, can't be taken away, Eagles are SB champions. Pretty cool how many new teams are winning the SB since 2000. Only a handful left who haven't done it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:53:07 pm by TaoHorror »

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 04:38:01 pm »
Glad the Pats lost!

Yeah, I bet. Tampa was full of glee when the Bucs won back in 2002. It's a fun day for a city when their team wins the big one. It's in the books, can't be taken away, Eagles are SB champions. Pretty cool how many new teams are winning the SB since 2000. Only a handful left who haven't done it.
There are actually 12 teams with no Super Bowl championships, believe it or not. Most notably, you have the Vikings and the Falcons, who probably have the best chances to get off the list. Also, now that the Eagles have won, all four NFC East teams have SB wins (the only division to accomplish that feat).

The list:

NFC North
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals

AFC East
Buffalo Bills

AFC North
Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South
Tennessee Titans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans

AFC West
San Diego Chargers
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:40:21 pm by BeardFisher-King »

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 05:59:20 pm »
Ah, the Chargers - that team broke my heart years back when they had the best offence and best defensive player in the league. They threw away the AFC championship to the Patriots with like 3 straight 4th down conversions with personal foul penalties, it was painful ( I loved LaDanian Tomlinson ). I became a defacto Chargers and Chiefs fan over the years, happened to me organically - one day I was like, wow, I'm a fan of those teams. It resulted from me "hating" the Broncos due to John Elway throwing his weight around not going with the top team drafting that year - seems like a joke now with free agency. I'm over it, have incredible respect for that guy nowadays, he knows football ( even rooted for the Broncos during their recent SB appearances - I'm big on running backs ).