What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 01:14:00 am »
Quote from: Madness
Quote from: Galbrod
Do I remember correctly that the nonman king of Cil-Aujas put a curse on all Men as a consequence of tbe betrayal of Nostol and his warriors?

I'm not sure if there was a literal curse... but we never can know how language affects and interacts with Earwa. I also don't have my books on me - if you felt curious, TTT Glossary, Apocalypse, Cil-Aujas (if there is one), TJE (Wight), perhaps, some of the initial descriptions of the Galeoth in TDTCB (an Achamian POV, likely).

Quote from: Callan S.
Well, Mimara wants to see herself as bad

I agree wholeheartedly with this but she's not, this being the revelation of that scene in WLW, you've referenced (haircut) when she sees herself with the Judging Eye and realizes she is good. You have to remember, Mimara was seeking apparent ultimate damnation in TJE up until the point that she sees the Chorae as a Tear of God and uses it against the Wight.

Are you suggesting that Mimara is herself a Chorae... and unlike sorcerers who can only mar creation, Mimara returns the world to its natural order from God's perspective, as Thorsten might say (though I continue to reflect on those posts with skepticism)?

It would definitely give us insight into the No-God, if it and Prophets generate and sustain "objective" reality.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 01:14:07 am »
Quote from: Wilshire
Wouldn't generating your own reality make it subjective? Even if no one else can effect it, it would be objective from their POV but sub to yours...

Which God's perspective? Who or what holds the ultimate final say? Some big ciphrang... great.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 01:14:13 am »
Quote from: Madness
I agree wholeheartedly with this but she's not
But she isssssss....

Maybe I'm gunna run into the objective morality discussion I've run into before, but her morality is that she is bad. Why does some other one, even if it's from powerful bad asses in the sky, come before hers and renders itself the objective morality, rather than just another morality next to hers?
this being the revelation of that scene in WLW, you've referenced (haircut) when she sees herself with the Judging Eye and realizes she is good.
I don't think she realizes she is good. But she does recognise that is the evaluation.

You have to remember, Mimara was seeking apparent ultimate damnation in TJE up until the point that she sees the Chorae as a Tear of God and uses it against the Wight.

Are you suggesting that Mimara is herself a Chorae... and unlike sorcerers who can only mar creation, Mimara returns the world to its natural order from God's perspective, as Thorsten might say (though I continue to reflect on those posts with skepticism)?

It would definitely give us insight into the No-God, if it and Prophets generate and sustain "objective" reality.
I wasn't suggesting that, but I'll jam with it...

The wight brings it's own frame of reference from the outside, that's why it can't just be dispelled with a chorae, because from within that frame, it's where it's supposed to be.

So what if Mimara sees at a wider scope and sees what frames are out of place, rather than just seeing from within a frame and what's supposed to be in that frame. Perhaps she broadened the tear of gods condensed doubt?

I'd propose also that rather than reseting it to gods perspective, Mimara probably IS gods perspective, to some degree. A bit like how in star trek whatever Kirk does is always the right thing to do - if he cheats at a scenario, then it wasn't cheatin' no more and instead the right thing to do. I can't think of a word for someone who is granted the capacity that all their actions become the measure of what is moral. Though there is a roleplay game called Dogs in the Vineyard, where you play judges in towns beset by demons, which I think approaches that idea.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 01:14:21 am »
Quote from: Wilshire
Wouldn't generating your own reality make it subjective? Even if no one else can effect it, it would be objective from their POV but sub to yours...
Whatever enables you to generate your own 'reality' is the objective thing. The 'reality' is simply the arrangement of lego bricks, so to speak, that obsfucates that something else generated the lego bricks for a 'reality'' to be built from those bricks.