TSA related art and stuff. (VI)

• 435 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 17, 2018, 03:17:55 pm »
Those are awesome FB. It's kinda scary, I don't know how you did it, but your kell and mim look really familiar. Like people I've seen but can't place a finger on. Did you base them off anyone? Every time I look at it I swear they look so familiar. Maybe you just nailed my inner vision of those characters. Well done!

The one on the left looks like Paget Brewster
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2018, 12:08:36 am »
I did not base either one on a particular real-life human, but I used a crap load of reference images for both. Mimara actually started as a drawing of a character for my own story but as I was doing it I realized it could work for her and went from there. As for Kellhus, I just used lots of random references of photos/illustrations that looked vaguely like what I had in mind.

Kellhus took much, much longer than Mimara, in part because I really wanted to nail my internal mental image for him as I had not really seen it done before as it has with other main characters. That being said both pictures sorta played to my strengths/advantage. I.E., Mimara's face is covered with the hood, shadows, and the locks of hair, while Kellhus was just mostly beard and hair lol, so that made it a lot easier, relatively speaking (plus they're both facing the "camera" so to speak, which made it easier for me personally). Regardless I am pretty proud of both pieces since they're easily the closest I've ever come to matching my own mental vision of the characters, particularly Kellhus (though I have lots of little things I'd like to adjust at some point down the road, such as the Decapitants in general I would like to have more details such as the crown of horns, teeth, eyes, skin texture, so on and so forth, additionally the also the overrall layout and symmetry of the figures relative to each other and their respective mountain range backdrops).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 05:09:25 am by Athorn "FB" Gallizur »

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
  • Only a dûnyain deals in absolutes
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 21, 2018, 04:04:47 am »
Glad to hear others have a similar mental image of Kell.
"And I renounce..." He trailed, warred with errant pas­sions. "I renounce my wife."
His eyes fell upon Esmenet, stricken upon the floor. My wife!
"Noooo," she wept and whispered. "Pleaaase, Akka..."
"As an adulteress," he continued, his voice cracking, "and a... a..."
His face a mask of nimil, he turned without leave, began walking back the way he came. The Men of the Tusk stared at him dumbstruck

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 21, 2018, 10:22:19 am »
Great job! I have the same mental image of Kel too.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 28, 2018, 01:11:46 am »
So Som had apparently deleted his old deviantart account. And only a tiny fraction of his fanart is now on his new blog. Anyone have access to all his stuff?—or the man himself. I was looking for the Skilura Aqueduct at Shimeh piece.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 30, 2018, 12:39:33 pm »
So Som had apparently deleted his old deviantart account. And only a tiny fraction of his fanart is now on his new blog. Anyone have access to all his stuff?—or the man himself. I was looking for the Skilura Aqueduct at Shimeh piece.
That piece specifically exists as part of the TSA Trailer, should I don't know where the still might be found.
He sometimes responds to PMs, or you might try his email if its listed.

All I know is that he's alive. I don't know what prompted his taking down his work or if he'll put it back up, however Somnabulist is an amicable fellow so I'd say reaching out directly is worth a shot.

There's some limited stuff on the PON Wiki, but sadly not the droids you're looking for.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 30, 2018, 03:07:30 pm »
Som's awesome, I miss that guy. His map of Earwa was so helpful providing me with perspective reading the series.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Ciogli

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 21, 2018, 08:05:26 pm »
I have the picture you want but I do not know how to post it.

EDIT: (Moderator note) I removed the "link" because that is just the file's location on your local computer.  You can upload it to a third party site, like Imgur.com, or other image hosting site.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:06:36 pm by H »
The world holds no terrors for me, I stand naked as the falling sword, I am the Terror.

Quinthane

• Old Name
  • WATD
    • View Profile
    • MyDeviantArt
« Reply #413 on: March 06, 2018, 11:25:18 pm »
WATD --"the Logos is without beginning or end...and then it stops ."

Quinthane

• Old Name
  • WATD
    • View Profile
    • MyDeviantArt
« Reply #414 on: March 06, 2018, 11:26:07 pm »
WATD --"the Logos is without beginning or end...and then it stops ."

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 07, 2018, 03:10:14 am »
https://quintvc.deviantart.com/art/should-I-be-afraid-734243717
I like this, Quinthane! I can't place the scene or characters, though....Proyas and Saubon? From TGO?
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 07, 2018, 11:46:20 am »
I like this, Quinthane! I can't place the scene or characters, though....Proyas and Saubon? From TGO?

Also liked your new additions to the art of TSA, Quinthane. :)

I think it's Conphas and...Martemus, maybe? Might be mistaken, though, it just feels more like them.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 07, 2018, 06:33:58 pm »

Also liked your new additions to the art of TSA, Quinthane. :)

I think it's Conphas and...Martemus, maybe? Might be mistaken, though, it just feels more like them.
Yeah, that sounds correct, Thelli (not Tao, sorry!) Now the quote sounds familiar: It's from that scene after the attempted assassination of Kellhus by a team of assassins hired by Conphas.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:06:17 am by BeardFisher-King »
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 07, 2018, 07:12:40 pm »
It's Martemus and Conphas talking after the battle of Kiyuth.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 07, 2018, 07:46:48 pm »
It's Martemus and Conphas talking after the battle of Kiyuth.

Good to know I wasn't misremembering. :)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)