Earwa > The Judging Eye

Sorweel - Kellhus

(1/3) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: xanmcgregor ---Hello,

I've been reading TJE for the second time and I still can't figure out one scene  :( . It's the ending scene of chapter 1 (Sakarpus) when Sorweel meets Kellhus for the first time.

--------- excerpt ---------
"Forgiven? Who are you to forgive?"
The scowl of an innocent twice wronged.
"You misunderstand."
"Misunderstand what?" Sorweel spat. "That you think yourse—!"
"Your father loved you!" the man interrupted, his voice thick with a nigh irresistible paternal reprimand. "And that love, Sorwa, is forgiveness... His forgiveness, not mine."
--------------------------
I don't understand this part... Why his father's forgivness? What needs to be forgiven?

Well, there is no mention of this scene anywhere else on the forum so I'm definitely missing something big :? Maybe it's the translation (I'm reading Croatian translation...)

Can anyone help, please?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---I think it is talking about Sorweel is crying in the arms of his enemy. Or something with regard to that. Read the paragraph before your quoted section.

Or really just being forgiven for crying in general because it is not a manly thing to do, but Kellhus is telling him that its ok to cry sometimes.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I cannot wait to finally have a full set of books at my disposal again. Sheesh.

The way I figure it, mcgregor, Sorweel spends the entire flight from the wall, feeling guilty about fleeing from whatever happens to Harweel - which is something I'm damned confused about... but more on that below.

Kellhus needs to take Sakarpus with minimal loses. The Chorae Hoard is second to one at Golgotterath (TTT Glossary) so Kellhus has to have the allegiance of Sakarpus' king - Harweel wouldn't tow the line, Sorweel will.

When Kellhus encounters Sorweel, we're simply experiencing the beginnings of classic Dunyain manipulation from a new perspective: Kellhus reads his thoughts and offers a salve for the young Horse-Lord's guilty heart?

EDIT: What does happen with Harweel?

A stork lands - following, which Harweel immediately tells his Boonsmen to take his son from the wall.
Storks are Holy to the Sakarpi because they follow Sranc on the plains. Weird because there is also one who watches the boundaries of the Topoi - that aspect reflects my own theory - among the Sranc when Sorweel and his slave meet the Goddess, Yatwer.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---
--- Quote from: Madness ---Weird because there is also one who watches the boundaries of the Topoi - that aspect reflects my own theory - among the Sranc when Sorweel and his slave meet the Goddess, Yatwer.
--- End quote ---

Oh? Missed that. Any mention of the birds at Cil or mengeda?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---Isn't there always something to be forgiven?

To a maniplatory approach, a Dunyain approach, it's an almost always present hot button to press upon.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version