Earwa > The Judging Eye

The Seal & The Wight of the Mountain

(1/5) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---
--- Quote from: Cu'jara Cinmoi, 2005 ---I actually haven't worked out anything much regarding the origins of nimil (which in my notes, I simply call 'Nonman steel'). The same goes for the motives of the Nonmen in sharing the Gnosis, though the first to do so (Gin'yursis, I think) was an exile, and so I suspect had personal motives.

You're starting to tap bottom quite regularly, White Lord.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---
--- Quote from: Madness ---
--- Quote from: Cu'jara Cinmoi, 2005 --- The Aporos is this 'sorcery of paradox,' where the meanings that make sorcery possible are turned in on themselves to generate what might be called 'contradiction fields.'

Since the metaphysics of sorcery actually plays a significant role in TTT, it would probably be better to postpone a more in depth discussion until then.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hokay, now, the aporos is "sorcery of paradox". Paradox, as we have been told, can only be comprehended by those with souls. However the chorae can be used by anyone. What if the whole chorae transformation thing was brought about by the chorae being seen by "The Soul", i.e the God's Soul. God, having a some kind of original soul, or a metasoul, is the only thing capable for full seeing the paradox of the chorae, transforming it from its more mundane form to a kind of meta-Aporos.
 :ugeek:
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: lockesnow ---I think the Seal and the Wight of the Mountain is meant to be foreshadowing.

It is pointing us in the direction of the only way the NoGod can be defeated.

Presuming the NoGod is within the typical good/evil dialectic typical of the genre that a reader expects and in a sense demands.  All bets are off if the NoGod is instead within a dialectic separate from the book (such as being meaninglessness personified, or the anthropomorphic personification of the disenchantment of the world brought about by modernism) that furthers the author's agenda in order to teach a lesson to the reader--aka rubbing the puppy's nose in poo.  If the latter is the case rather than the former, we can't really figure anything out, because internal consistency is less important than the forcefulness of keeping the puppy nose pressed into the poo.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---:(
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I was thinking last night and this morning that there were a lot weird things going on TJE. Honestly, its the one thread of plot I feel I have no handle on.

Can't wait til my new copy gets here :evil:.

EDIT: For instance - why I didn't transcribe moments ago ;) - what happens with the Wolf Gate at the beginning of Cil-Aujis? Nothing, something?

Why do the Gates need guarding? Why does Mimara guard the Gates? Why is that the argument that accompanies Chorae Power in dissuading the Wight and the hellish Seal.

Also, I specifically bumped this quote - though it is interesting otherwise - to highlight that Gin'yursis is the Wight. Apparently, an exiled Nonman and, apparently, the first teacher of the Gnosis to men, not the First Siqu, Cet'ingira, who would then represent a condoned effort on the part of the Nonmen to teach men.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version