Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2016, 11:39:13 pm »
Welcome back, Galbrod and CFKane, and welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Tasty, painbird, swirlingupwards, and AWallis.

I'm fascinated by the Inchori and their motivations, I'd like to know their true intentions and I'd also like to know more about the cisharum. I'm just starting my 3rd re-read of the series but only my second of the 2nd set of books so maybe these things were already revealed and my poor memory has let me down once again.

I think those of us who have gone through a couple sets only do so because we give so many of them away - except the Quorumtender (Quorum returning upon release day), who literally had enough sets of PON at one time to stock a small bookstore. Or collect them.

But three rereads puts you up top with most of us ;).

Thanks for the opportunity to reduce the great ordeal of waiting for this novel.

Lol - yeah, way to go, MG 8). Round of applause!

Also, you're more than welcome to put your link in your signature, Wallis.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

CFKane

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2016, 11:48:18 pm »
Welcome back, Galbrod and CFKane, and welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Tasty, painbird, swirlingupwards, and AWallis.

Thanks. I'm on my third (or fourth?) reread at the moment. Hopefully I'll have something to add to the community here, other than my undying belief that Kellhus is working towards the same objective as the consult.

Michael Murden

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 12:24:46 am »
How will Esmenet react when she finds out what her precious darling Kelmomas really is!

robizeratul

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 12:42:47 am »
i never won anything...seems like i must step on conditioned ground. My question is an obvious one,what is Kellhus up to?

ivance

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2016, 01:50:50 am »
Prediction: Serwa, Moe. and Sor. are going to fulfill some replication of an ancient tragedy in the Nonmen history, to help them 'remember'--probably the seduction of the Nonmen wife/wives that led to the Anasurimbor dynasty.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 02:13:01 am »
Huh, I guess when a free ARC is involved, theses great theories start coming out the woodwork! Where have you guys been the last few years?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

redjako

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2016, 03:24:52 am »
[question] Is dead wizard salt actually valuable in a military, or metaphysical sense, or, would just be a very high-value token of "wealth."

redjako

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2016, 03:27:23 am »
Huh, I guess when a free ARC is involved, theses great theories start coming out the woodwork! Where have you guys been the last few years?

Heh. I forgot about this forum, when the original was shut down. I've re-read the series at least 6x. Sometimes, I'll just go through a big section (like Akha v Cleric, or anything Cnaiur).

Whenever I got some crazy flash of inspiration, the Westeros folks already covered it, so I don't post too much about Bakker except trying to get people to read him.

CFKane

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2016, 04:39:56 am »
Prediction: Continuing revelation will reveal that the dialogue between Kellhus and Moenghus at the end of Thousandfold Thought is even more vital than we realized.

Question: What is the deal with aporetic sorcery? Will we find out the metaphysics of chorae and the secrets of their creation?

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2016, 05:42:17 am »
Question: eating sranc presumably has unexpected side effects, does kelmomas eating people also have similar unexpected side effects?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 05:44:03 am by locke »

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2016, 05:43:54 am »
Prediction: we meet a person or persons who claim to be dunyain but lie about their actual names.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2016, 05:45:25 am »
Question: are the dunyain cannibals?

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2016, 05:46:12 am »
Prediction: the inchoroi unleash a new weapon race upon the great ordeal.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 05:48:23 am »
Question: are the dimensions of the inchoroi ark accurate and did the ark descend controlled or uncontrolled?

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2016, 05:50:28 am »
Prediction: the inverse fire has a presence in this book equal to or less than the largest presence the inverse fire had in the previous five volumes.