[TGO Excerpt Spoilers] The Great Ordeal ARC Giveaway

• 285 Replies

selwynmauberley

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2016, 09:38:53 am »
Prediction: We'll see a metaphysical explanation why Eärwa is so hateful and indigestible for the Consult.

selwynmauberley

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2016, 09:43:17 am »
Prediction: The Great Ordeal will suffer a defeat or lose its war potential before it reaches the Ark.

selwynmauberley

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2016, 09:51:25 am »
Question: Could Mog-Pharau be revived with the use of tekne?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #243 on: June 11, 2016, 02:10:28 pm »
Tally as of this moment:

That's sixteen circles out of fifty-two by my count.

Countdown ends Monday at noon EDT (I believe, MG might be an hour behind me)!

Visit Grimdark Magazine's Giveaway and comment regarding your favorite character for another chance to win!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

ivance

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 11, 2016, 03:27:22 pm »
I'm one of the circled! I actually didn't know how many numbers I was at, this was pretty fun.

Prediction: we will learn that the No-God was actually the God, funneled into the carapace, and the God's presence on Earwa meant that souls went right into Big Daddy's belly rather than be sifted through the Outside and its numerous parasites/Ciphrang. (oh yeah, the Ciphrang being basically tapeworms in the digestion tract of the God, I dig that...)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:28:56 pm by ivance »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2016, 03:37:39 pm »
Tally as of this moment:

That's sixteen circles out of fifty-two by my count.

Countdown ends Monday at noon EDT (I believe, MG might be an hour behind me)!

Visit Grimdark Magazine's Giveaway and comment regarding your favorite character for another chance to win!

Its... so official looking...
One of the other conditions of possibility.

JRControl

• Momurai
  • Kellhus lied, Harambe died
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 11, 2016, 03:39:16 pm »
@ivance: that's actually a pretty good prediction and to my mind explains the Chorae on his sarcophagus.
“Because you’re a pious man born to a world unable to fathom your piety. But all that changes with me, Akka. The old food pyramids have outlived the age of their intention, and I have come to reveal the new. I am the Slimmest Path, and I say that you are not damned.”

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #247 on: June 11, 2016, 03:59:51 pm »
I'm one of the circled! I actually didn't know how many numbers I was at, this was pretty fun.

Prediction: we will learn that the No-God was actually the God, funneled into the carapace, and the God's presence on Earwa meant that souls went right into Big Daddy's belly rather than be sifted through the Outside and its numerous parasites/Ciphrang. (oh yeah, the Ciphrang being basically tapeworms in the digestion tract of the God, I dig that...)

No reason to stop, ivance ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #248 on: June 11, 2016, 04:00:30 pm »
Its... so official looking...

Wow - now I have to do all this and satisfy your arbitrary standards ;)? If I recall, bakkerfans subset 0.01, you too could used your initiative and made this an excel sheet, if "official looking" was your wont :P.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2016, 05:22:22 pm »
Oh no no, I just complain. I'm not here to offer solutions.

Though, if you want me to, I can :)
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #250 on: June 11, 2016, 05:40:52 pm »
Oh no no, I just complain. I'm not here to offer solutions.

Though, if you want me to, I can :)

Offer solutions, yes :P.

But no, having this information in an excel sheet isn't going to make it any easier for me to enter into a random result generator.

EDIT: Unless you know things I don't, of course...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 05:48:21 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Corky

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 11, 2016, 07:51:50 pm »
1) Prediction: The Unholy Consult will be forced to create new spy strategies and act against the Empress, using the lower orders.

Explanation: For centuries, the skin-spies were ideal spies. That is a problem because it means that the members of the Consult have neither experience of acting in difficult situations, nor a developed infrastructure. Firstly, now they cannot replace someone who has a real power. The fake would be immediately detected. Secondly, they never had the need to verify the information. The skin-spies cannot lie to their makers. Unlike them, human spies can be bought, seduced or blackmailed. That is why every military intelligence organization incorporates services that verify the received data. The Consult is not the Abwehr or the GRU. They have no such experience. For centuries, they were too good and now it works against them. Now Kellhus can feed the Consult with disinformation. When they realize this, they will have to rebuild their spy network. They have to forget about authorities and replace ordinary people who are of no interest to the Emperor’s family.
Ergo, they will reorganize themselves and use more spies, replacing clerks, sellers or soldiers, provoking riots and spreading panic. The Civil War has begun and the Consult wouldn’t neglect a chance to tear the Empire apart.

Corky

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2016, 07:55:27 pm »
2) Prediction: The Scylvendi will cooperate with the Consult.

Explanation: They worship the No-God. They’ve had enough time to train new warriors. Sons of dead fathers are eager to cut fresh swazonds. Surely, Kellhus had no time or resources to cosplay Lawrence of Arabia and organize them in accordance with his needs. However, the Consult had. For centuries, the Consult didn’t recruit new allies. Now they must and the Scylvendi is an excellent choice.

Corky

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 11, 2016, 08:12:43 pm »
Prediction: We'll see a metaphysical explanation why Eärwa is so hateful and indigestible for the Consult.
"BECAUSE THIS WORLD YET LIVES!" "BECAUSE THIS WORLD REFUSES TO DIE!"

The question is what is so special about this planet? It is the endpoint of the Consult’s Crusade. The Last World. However, it has a spirit of John McClane and refuses to die. Maybe it is the first world where exists such a strange phenomenon as magic. The ontological principles of this world differ from all others. Why?

Corky

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 11, 2016, 08:15:52 pm »
3) Prediction: Cnaiur is dead. Moenghus is dead. Elvis is dead. They were awesome. They died. Dixi.