TUC Official Buys

• 164 Replies

Hopper8r

• Emwama
  • Disciple of the Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2017, 06:45:59 pm »
Facebook fan reported a Toronto store selling TUC early!

There's 2 copies at Coles in North Bay according to Chapters.ca.

Sounds like I'm going for a motorcycle ride tonight after work....its beautiful outside and I'm on the other side of Sudbury from North Bay. 

The Slog of Slogs!

Hopper8r

• Emwama
  • Disciple of the Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2017, 06:48:51 pm »
I just called them....."I'm sorry sir, it isn't released until the 25th of July"

>:(

:'(

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2017, 06:57:45 pm »
The motorcycle slog sounded like it was going to be nice. You know, if they're listed online and you show up rather than call (if that journey is short enough to be worth ending in possible disappointment), sometimes books are on the shelves already despite not being shown as "available" in their computers.

Toronto is definitely selling them ahead of time:

Indigo Eaton Centre: 11 in stock
Indigo Yorkdale Shopping Centre: 3 in stock
Coles Beaches: 1 in stock
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Erratic Halaroi

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2017, 08:59:10 pm »
Best of luck in your ride, Hopper8r. I ended up ordering a hardback copy from Barnes and Noble online and a paperback copy form Book Depository. One of them should be here by Thursday, I can power through over the weekend and finally start looking at, and contributing, to other threads besides this one.  I feel like I'm VERY late to the party here...hopefully the discussion will be on going for a while...so much to read and talk about!   

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2017, 09:10:18 pm »
Best of luck in your ride, Hopper8r. I ended up ordering a hardback copy from Barnes and Noble online and a paperback copy form Book Depository. One of them should be here by Thursday, I can power through over the weekend and finally start looking at, and contributing, to other threads besides this one.  I feel like I'm VERY late to the party here...hopefully the discussion will be on going for a while...so much to read and talk about!

I thought the same before I got my copy - don't worry, there will still be plenty of things to discuss after you've read TUC. :)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Hopper8r

• Emwama
  • Disciple of the Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2017, 01:30:15 am »
The COFFERS boys!

THE COFFERS!!

I took a chance and rode 2 hours.....ignored the pimply kid that told me on the phone it wasn't released until the 25th, walked to the back of store in the measly fantasy section...

Two copies of TUC tucked in sideways!

2 more hours home, one case of monkey butt, and no weepers on the slog!

See you all in a few days!

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2017, 10:26:28 am »
Nice one. I've held back my posting a bit. While i do a more thorough read through again. So will still be folk around wanting to discuss stuff :)

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2017, 11:50:06 am »
The COFFERS boys!

THE COFFERS!!

I took a chance and rode 2 hours.....ignored the pimply kid that told me on the phone it wasn't released until the 25th, walked to the back of store in the measly fantasy section...

Congratulations, looking forward to see what you think about TUC.  :)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2017, 02:58:32 pm »
I feel like I'm VERY late to the party here...hopefully the discussion will be on going for a while...so much to read and talk about!   

It's not even worldwide release yet and obviously it's only the hardcores who have found their copies already outside of UK and Europe.

And since I'm off the opinion that readers have just missed so much packed within TAE I expect we'll spend months figuring out and agreeing (or not) upon what happened, let alone what's going to happen.

The COFFERS boys!

THE COFFERS!!

Knew it, Hopper. I'm glad the ride was worth it :).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Ciogli

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2017, 11:07:06 pm »
I've had an order in with Barnes and noble for about a month,  thought I might get it early,  but i still waiting for that call,  so while I wait I decided to review the entire series on Amazon.
The world holds no terrors for me, I stand naked as the falling sword, I am the Terror.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2017, 01:27:47 pm »
Nice, Ciogli!
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Erratic Halaroi

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2017, 02:07:32 pm »
Today is the day one of my two copies should arrive. I'm working from home and much closer to the front door than is reasonably expected...talk about a conditioned path. Well played R Scott Bakker...well played.  Further updates as events warrant.   

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2017, 04:10:02 pm »
Good news! My hardcover copy is available for pick-up at the Clayton Barnes and Noble here in super-freaking-hot STL. Unfortunately, I left the house this morning before checking my e-mail AND I also left my 20% discount coupon at home! So, a special trip home is indicated!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

Erratic Halaroi

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2017, 04:39:17 pm »
That is good news, Beardfisher King! My door bell just rang...and I'm now in possession of my hardback copy. Looking forward to joining the discussions and sharing thoughts and theories.  I will see you all on the other side. 

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2017, 05:57:26 pm »
Good news! My hardcover copy is available for pick-up at the Clayton Barnes and Noble here in super-freaking-hot STL. Unfortunately, I left the house this morning before checking my e-mail AND I also left my 20% discount coupon at home! So, a special trip home is indicated!

Yay, BFK! And it's early!

That is good news, Beardfisher King! My door bell just rang...and I'm now in possession of my hardback copy. Looking forward to joining the discussions and sharing thoughts and theories.  I will see you all on the other side. 

Huzzah, Erratic Halaroi! Savour it!
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer