Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 01:44:59 pm »
Well, aside from the Scarlet Spires (Daimotic Sorcerers) no one can actually see the Outside or know for sure that it exists...

Not so sure about this.  There have been a couple of references in the books that Cishaurim know what awaits in the Outside, most recently by Psatma when she is having one of her little debates with Meppa.

Sorry, I trapped myself in a perspective of "as accessible to Kellhus." I assume he wasn't able to duplicate the Third Sight - or he has and we don't know it yet (though both of these options also presuppose that he isn't in contact with Meppa).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 02:09:17 pm »
Well, aside from the Scarlet Spires (Daimotic Sorcerers) no one can actually see the Outside or know for sure that it exists...

Not so sure about this.  There have been a couple of references in the books that Cishaurim know what awaits in the Outside, most recently by Psatma when she is having one of her little debates with Meppa.

Sorry, I trapped myself in a perspective of "as accessible to Kellhus." I assume he wasn't able to duplicate the Third Sight - or he has and we don't know it yet (though both of these options also presuppose that he isn't in contact with Meppa).

Ah, sorry, I took your comment out of context.  I see what you mean.
No whistling on the slog!

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 04:40:50 pm »
@ Kosoter - Love the idea that Kosoter is Ciphrang.  Who else could be?  Anyone we don't have internal monologue on could be.  Kelmomas?  I bet Kellhus would find a lot of use for this kind of possession.  But what if Kosoter is possessed independent of Kellhus' Daimos?  Other people could be using this tactic.

Needless speculation:
Kellhus had Iyokus ciphrang-possessed long ago and someone else.  The two heads he keeps on his belt are a device for holding the Ciphrang in their current bodies.  The other one is Kosoter.  Plus Kellhus has like a whole trunk load of them under his bed. 

The Consult replaced Saubon with a Ciphrang ages ago.

The Dunyain captured a Ciphrang in the body of a little boy years ago and have slowly, meticulously convinced it that it is a human named Kellhus.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 07:50:26 pm »
Ah, sorry, I took your comment out of context.  I see what you mean.

I wasn't clear :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer