Earwa > General Earwa

Various speculations

<< < (2/3) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---Well Whelming is specifically mentioned when Kellhus is 'consoling' Serwe after she is interoraped. It is from Kellhus' POV and he says that he removes her memories of the experience after he has learned what happens. I believe there may be another example of this, thought I can't remember where. Leweth maybe.

At any rate, whelming to me is a very specific Dunyain ritual where the 'whelmer' can somehow alter the memories of the 'whelmee'.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Curethan ---Yeh, I read that bit with Serwe as removing the trauma...  but definitely something to do with altering memories..

eta.  given that Kellhus has talked with Akka's implanted Seswatha conciousness and has had ample opportunity to study the ritual that implants said homonculus, we can't discount the possibility of similar manipulations of conciousness on his part.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---Thats an interesting thought, a la Voldemort and his horcruxes. Kellhus splitting his soul into his most powerful allies, making them extensions of himself.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Curethan ---Heh, I dunno about splitting his soul, more like establishing split personalities?
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Wilshire ---I imagining him putting all his 'negative' emotional selves into his sons and daughters.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version