• 5 Replies

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« on: November 26, 2017, 12:30:28 am »
https://divinesong.tumblr.com/tagged/the%20thousand%20fold%20thought

The Thousand Fold Thought. 16% Complete.

1. Oh Esmenet. You might be best girl, but it’s unlikely that you’ll ever be best ruler or even all that much different from anyone else, hereditary or not. I guess laws/punishments still don’t apply equally to every one under the “new Prophet.” This is why it’s important to be careful about regime changes, even if(or especially if) the new regime is full of those who came from the “lower/disadvantaged classes”. History has shown that while some were WORLDS better than the previous herditaries, others were not better, and some were WORSE. I think Bakker is trying to send that message. Just because SHE was a caste-menial, doesn’t mean that she wants any kind of real change or revolution. It doesn’t mean that she’ll do anything to make things better for the lower classes. It doesn’t even mean she’s on their side in general.

There’s a good possibility that as a person currently in power, she’s one of the pigs in Animal Farm. They didn’t want a revolution, they just wanted to be Farmer John.

I say this because the punishment for those who were guilty of taking bribes/grafitti was BEING FLAYED ALIVE and then “posted”. The people guilty of it weren’t given any kind of questioning, afaik nor were they dismissed as “irrelevant”.

I mean, really, how much damage can some stupid obscene messages cause? Is Kellhus/Esmenet’s reign North Korea now? I know that blasphemy, heresy, and sacrilege were punishable, but not with being flayed alive. The worst punishment was being burnt to a stake and that was for heresy. Were these people heretics? If they were Noble, would they have been punished so severely? If so, then fuck, I’ll shut up then, but I suspect not.

I was actually quite upset about it even though I tried to rationalize it. The thing is, even Proyas wouldn’t have been this severe. He would have no doubt had them whipped, but not flayed alive. The only consolation was that she didn’t take any sadistic pleasure in it and admitted that she was horrified. She’s also honest about being drunk with the new power she has. If she was simply going by the letter of the current law, then I can understand that. If the Thywhatever menials were Nansur in disguise, then I can understand that too.

But, from what I’ve read, these were illiterate men paid to write some stuff by the Nansur. If there’s anyone who should be punished, it’s the Nansur who bribed them. But, they get away scott free, afaik.
Sorry, Esmenet, as it stands now, you’re no Danaerys and you’re sure as shit not a Jon Snow. Then again, no way in hell would she claim to be and I think she would have hated Dany. :/

You’re still best girl though and I think it’s easy for me to say the things I say when I live in a far more modern, liberal area and not in a world like Earwa. The thing is, there were punishments available that would have been just as effective. Like, a walk of shame, putting them in stocks and throwing cabbage at them, caning, prison colony, exile, and if they had to be put to death, than hanging/beheading. Save the flaying for the Boltons.

2. Kellhus TOTALLY had Conphas pegged! Holy shit! The thing is, EVERY ONE was right. It’s sad that Conphas and Cnauir are the only two who can see right through him. Oh Conphas, how can you be so right and so wrong? However, I think Cnaiur is wrong when he claims that Conphas is the only one with the “force of character” to keep the loyalty of his men. Proyas is the other one, but he is clearly on Kellhus’s side.

3. Speaking of Proyas, it’s no shock that he was the first to kneel to Kellhus. No shock that he was among the penitent to get whipped. No shock that Esmenet does not think much of him. I think he was repentant of both Kellhus and Achamian, but if I had to choose, it would be more the latter. He was so damned nasty of Achamian and if he really DID betray Achamian, then hell yea, he should be penitent. Just that, I don’t think he really did. He just blames himself for the Scarlet Spires getting to Achamian and not being able to do much of anything since he needs them.

4. Back to Conphas. Hell yea, he’s “defective”, but Kellhus thinks that way of all “world born”. Also, unless his reaction was an act, then it’s clear that Kellhus got to him. To be fair though, it doesn’t take much to anger a sociopath/malignant narcissist. And no, Conphas was never “of the Tusk”. Any dumb-ass could have figured that out. And there WERE treaties made between the Fanim and the Nansur. Why else did Hinnereth surrender only to the Nansur? And yea, color me shocked that Kellhus(through Proyas) has ordered the death of Conphas. He will always be a threat of some sort.

I don’t understand why Kellhus would “brook” no competition though. I don’t think he’s THAT insecure. Then again, if HE IS like Conphas, then he “wants it all/every thing.” Gee, isn’t greed a sin too?

5. Achamian is STILL the bees knees. The Scarlet Spires are so screwed! LOL!

---

The Thousand Fold Thought 31% complete. I feel like I’m flying through this one.

1. So Kellhus and Esmenet have become the Boltons now? I guess the flayed man will be part of their banners. Kellhus could have easily gotten that information from those new people just by talking to them. I understand not trusting those too eager to serve, but I found that torturing them and then flaying them alive completely unnecessary.

He could have kept them as prisoners of war and then have them fight/forage in the front lines for a certain period of time. If they are caught trying to escape, then hang them, but if they survive for a certain period of time, then they can officially join. I guess they didn’t have time for that. Such bullshit. And Achamian just does his damnedest to ignore him. I don’t blame him for that. Despite being viziar and a powerful Mandate Schoolan, he is pretty much powerless in this.

2. Conphas, how can you be so smart and yet so dumb? Smart man, foolish choices. Sociopathy is no excuse. Oh, and Kellhus could have gotten to him by appealing to his self-interest, but unfortunately, he is considered a rival. Anyway, YOU DO NOT ANTAGONIZE someone like Cnaiur. Good god that was DUMB.

3. Looks like the Consult is trying to reel in Cnaiur. Can’t say I blame them for that. Yet Moenghus is considered a greater threat? Really? Well, I guess he is more experienced than Kellhus.

4. Xerius face when he, well, tries to bed his own mother: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzC6j1QpK5g
You will be missed, Xerius. You might have been an awful Emperor, but you were great comic relief. So, Conphas is now Emperor. I can’t blame then Consult for setting that up. Despite Conphas being a clear sociopath, he would make a much better Emperor. The real Istriya would have wanted it that way.

5. Xinemus. :( Someone give him a seeing snek. At least Proyas is taking care of him.

6. LOL! Proyas! Come on! Did you really think that many people from the Nansur would turn on Conphas? Proyas erupted though, that’s for sure, but he had to have been shrewd enough to know that the Nansur were VERY loyal to Conphas. I mean, that’s kindergarten knowledge.

7.  Poor Achamian. Maybe he’ll find someone else. Someone even more suited to him. :( Esmenet is lost to him, I’m afraid. Man, that ship sunk. Talk about Jossed. So, she is to be the Mistress of Spies? Oh, interesting. And the “hammer” for Kellhus too, it seems. Well, she’s certainly competent enough no matter what sort of “dragon/right hand” she ends up as.

8. Oh dear. Kellhus had Akka hypnotized and gee, I wonder what that Cant of Calling will be used for. Gnosis sounds tough as hell to learn, but I can understand that. Kellhus learning it so quickly isn’t much of a shock. Oh, and I suspect that just as he brooks no rival, he also wouldn’t brook any kind of strays/deviance even if they’re not even close to being a threat.

At least in Earth, the religious generally accept (or are supposed to) the fact that some people are “lost” and will ALWAYS be that way. The “word” will never get to them even if they outright lie and claim to be “converted” when they’re not. So, you dust off your footwear and move on to more “fertile” soil. Well, in theory, at least.

I don’t think Kellhus or his followers would “move on” from people like that. No one will be “special” or ANYTHING enough to be the exception to Kellhus’s rule(to make it clear, I’m all for laws/punishments applying equally to every one, but that’s not what I’m talking about) There is no “my way or highway” because with that, people can choose the highway. But with the “new rule”, it’s my way or DIEway.

I could be wrong, but this is what I suspect. I know that forced conversions(you know, the bullshit way of converting people) was a thing on Earth and on Earwa, but it was VERY possible to get away with being deceitful/hypocritical. It was also possible to escape it, though difficult.

With Kellhus? He’d spot that in an instant. The problem is that, even if you were to convert, you’d end up as a slave(that didn’t change), which I always considered a fate worse than death. I guess a better way to put it is “live as a slave or die”. Choosing “freedom” or something else is pretty much saying that you’re choosing to die.

---

38% Complete. The Thousand Fold Thought. Prepare your anus!

1. Blood and Shit: A love story. Two men, mortal enemies turned lovers. Together, they fight cr–anyone who isn’t them! CNAIUR/CONPHAS: OTP, FTW! Pffft. yea. Anyway, holy fuck Cnaiur went there! DAYUM!

(Conphas and Cnaiur sit on cushions. A hookah is between then. Conphas takes a deep breath of flavorful smoke).
Conphas: Wow. I haven’t fucked like that since I was five.
Cnaiur(Raises eyebrow): You wanna have my abortion?
Conphas(smiles): I would be honored to have your abortion.

I’m going to hell for that. Show of hands who is shocked that the Nansur attacked? Yea, I didn’t think so.

2. Poor Cnaiur. He’s in that situation where if he knew THEN what he knew now. Meh, I think he was in plenty of those situations. It is totally true that he would be the world’s worst assassin. It’s interesting that Cnaiur didn’t think that “culling the willful” would apply to him. As for Kellhus, if he really wanted Cnaiur dead, then there were easier ways to make that happen.

One that didn’t involve the deaths of hundreds of Conriyan Knights and Thunyeri. As for Conphas, I wonder if he was counting on getting raped. If he was, then that is a double DAYUM. Another one: He dragged his wardrobe through the desert. I’ve made parody type jokes about that. “Oh, let’s not go anywhere without your ROYAL LUGGAGE.”  But, for Conphas to do that for real? It certainly does speak volumes.

3. No, Esmenet, you didn’t change “jnan”. The players and their locations simply changed, nothing more. Proyas was “king of the Holy War” and now it’s Kellhus. Cnaiur was the “Queen”(most powerful piece, imo) and now it’s YOU(which is, tbh, a lot more fitting).

IOW, the players might have changed but the game remains the same. Glad she read the Sagas though and yes, Achamian IS strong. He is the TITTIES!

I think that’ll do for now.

---

50% Complete. Yup. Flying through this one. I even read this while on vacation. lolol. Anyway:

1. So, Saubon’s nephew died. Okay. Too bad. I guess Saubon will be making a comeback now.

2. TIL that surrendering is not punishment enough. And we ALL know whose heads ended up on that wall. The sick, the oldest, the least popular, those in prison, those who died BEFORE the “toll” or whatever the hell that was. I guess they didn’t have time for trickery though, unless they can make soap/whatever sculptures with paint/dye quickly. Yea, they were counted, but I doubt the people doing had the expertise to know the difference between the head of someone freshly killed and someone who had died before the “toll”.

They probably would, however, be able to tell a fake at close range. Derp. Then again, maybe Kellhus didn’t give a shit about any tricks or whose heads ended up on walls. 

The thing is, I know that WORSE has been done on planet Earth for much less. Eh, it’s war and you don’t win wars by playing nice.

3. Eli is being pathetic. Good grief. Quick! Someone replace this Grandmaster. It’s no shock that Esmenet would be disgusted with him. He tried to get to her and she saw right through that one. Her being “caste menial” and a woman has no bearing on her merit and current position.

Yea, yea, yea, she’s there because of Kellhus, but she’s THERE for a reason. The same with Casca of Berserk. She was second in command of the Hawks. She was there for good reason too. Eli can just vanish at this point.

4. Conphas/Cnaiur! OTP! WHHOO!! Conphas desires Cnaiur. Oh yes he does. No, he isn’t in love. I don’t think Conphas is capable of loving anyone, except himself. He sounds like an erotomaniac though. “I know you really love me.” Cnaiur, however, would rather hang around with a bunch of skin-spies/The Consult. It wouldn’t surprise me if Cnaiur desired Conphas too though. Hate/Anger sex, FTW. Maybe sex is intellect too. lel.

5. Kellhus’s speech. Man, that was a snooze fest. I actually like sermons and consider them among my favorite parts of Church. However, I’m either VERY attentive/respectful or I am so irreverent that I’m surprised I don’t find myself being burnt alive. I liked his speech to Achamian, but “who is this menial who speaks as a King?” Eh, whatever. Bla Bla Bla. And people ate it up. Good to know that Achamian is no longer damned. How convenient. I’m sure Proyas will be glad to hear that.

6. Speaking of Proyas, does he not understand why Achamian isn’t responding the way he’s “supposed to?” I know Achamian asks why he’s being so grudge bearning, but it should be obvious why. It will take awhile to fully repair this relationship and unless Xinemus gets a seeing snek, things won’t be the same. Even if he did get a snek, things still won’t be completely the same. Torture tends to do that to people.

7. Am I the only one who notices that the ancient Crown Prince and Proyas seem to be very much alike? Things that make you go hmmm…

8. Of course slavery would agree with someone who lives a nice, cushy life with a Mistress who adores you and treats you well. Except that, you’re still a slave and a guilded cage is still a cage. Slaves are far more entrapped than those in power.

9. Skin spies trying to get to Kellhus. Yea, that’ll end well.

10. I really do wonder if there’ll be a “blow up the city” scenario. Some enemies really are that intent on not being conquered. Maybe Shimeh? They are very close. 

---

Thousand Fold Thought. 53% Complete.

NOOOO!! Xinemus! NOOO! Don’t die! We’ll get you a snek! A healing snek! You’ll see Shimeh, right? NOOO!!! SAD! I cried at this! Fuck this! Poor Achamian! His only friend. :( Who does Akka have now? NO ONE, that’s who! At least that’s how he feels.Yea, why does he always get the stone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OLIoW0UvtA

And the flashback scene. My god that was painful. Him screaming at Proyas, dealing with Kellhus. Someone give Akka a HUG. :( He is such a wreck. *cries*

I think either Tuberculosis and cancer did Xin in. If only he got a seeing snek.
Looks like Akka is starting to see Kellhus for who he is…oh dear.

---
58% complete.

1. Oh Esmenet. I like the fact that she can(and has) faught off asshole men, but in this case, she went way too far. Demanding that asshole kneel and threatening to flay him alive? Fuck that. Just hitting him and calling him “Insolent Dog” before walking away would have been sufficient.

Don’t give me shit about “being forced by station” because that is bullshit. What she did was equivalent to beating someone for downloading a game. At least she questioned/analyzed why she went that far and only felt good about it because he was an ASSHOLE. She admitted to herself that it was petty.

I guess she’s just fed up with being viewed with contempt for being a woman/caste menial/prostitute.
The monologue about submission? Oh, that shit? I was STEAMING. Here’s my response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPrdX-cqF0

To submit willingly is one thing. If that’s your kink, then go for it. I do agree with the sentiment that “what yields is not always weak”/can be a good strategy, etc. But, I hope that there is some understanding as to why some people are reluctant to submit to another easily.

It’s not always conceit. Fear is a huge factor and so a “never again” attitude for those who have been forced to submit. This is especially true with those who’ve been taken advantage of/abused.

And that garbage about “great remaining great and small remaining small” is also complete bullshit. When it comes to “greatness”, it’s largely a question of who you ask. And as for “remaining small”, many people are FORCED to remain “small”.

Those who “remain great” often have a great deal of support, but downfalls do happen and people from humble beginnings have gotten better lives. Esmenet did. Of course, Kellhus was a huge reason for that, but isn’t SHE supposed to be “great” now? The point is that things don’t have to remain the way they are. You don’t have to stay in your place unless you’re an actor playing a role.

Ugh. Just fuck that whole thing. Honestly, I can’t be the only one who thinks that there can be those who are outside of all this?

2. Oh yea, holy Shimeh. Holy shit. I’d like to see a picture of that city. Must be beautiful. Proyas crying? *huggies*

3. Achamian, oh no. Do you know why I like him? It’s because I see a lot of myself in him, minus the sorcery. Kellhus has targeted you. You’ll be on the same boat as Conphas and Cnaiur. Not exactly the best of company. I fear for you. :(

4. Oh Sompas. Too bad. Looks like Conphas is going to have a little BBQ. And yea, it is TOTALLY something Conphas is more than capable of and without a shred of remorse either and he’d love every second of it. You want to talk extreme punishment?

He is certainly the sort. At least Esmenet will have doubts and feel bad, but not this guy. She has a great deal of humanity no matter her “station”, but Conphas? Not really. Not anywhere near as much as say, Proyas. He is FAR more unnerving. So is Kellhus.

5. So, Kellhus, you’re off to see your father. Can’t wait for this one. And when it comes to Shimeh, I expect to see the BEST BATTLE EVER!!!!1111

The Thousandfold Thought 70% Complete. Oh man, shit just got REAL.

1. Moenghus certainly isn’t off on the things he’s said, but not entirely on either. Some of it was a bit oversimplified. And weakness such as “fear, sloth, compassion…” Er, yea. One of those things does not belong. However, it’s totally true that belief in the Holy War spurned people into great acts of courage and diligence. It’s not that they lacked compassion. They just didn’t have it for the Fanim lands because “heathens”.

It’s no shock that the PASSION magics would be beyond him/Dunyain. They are the opposite of passion. While I do agree that the Dunyain are physically superior and ARE smarter in the logical sense, but in terms of arts? Poetry? Writing? Comedy? Anything that involves the FEE FEES? No. No way. Kellhus is just being arrogant. Or as arrogant as people like him can be.

The fact that Moenghus couldn’t completely use Cisharuim pretty much proves that. I really like how Kellhus and Moenghus call each other out though. I loved the interaction between them. Mathinet being Kellhus’s HALF-BROTHER is one hell of a twist. I thought he was the Synthese/Consult.

2. I love how Cnaiur made it clear to Achamian that he didn’t want anything bad to happen to Proyas. I also love how Achamian made it happen while protecting Esmenet. I didn’t think that HE would be the one who would take down the Imperial Army. I mean, I KNOW he has the ability, but I just didn’t think he would be so directly involved. Pretty sweet. Sometimes people need to be reminded that Achamian is the TITS.

3. Esmenet is so much better when she ISN’T the Prophet-Consort. However, I can understand her despair about being “used”. I mean, how can SHE resist Kellhus? Look what happens to people who have tried. At best, they end up in the same boat and Conphas and Cnaiur. At worst, they…well, are killed. She KNOWS that and it’s likely that she knows that it CAN happen to her.

4. PROYAS! I just love seeing him in battle. I think the “not like this” was a nice touch. Reminded me of the Matrix, but yea, I can understand why he feels the way he does. Good to know he smells a rat too. Maybe Shimeh will be a “burn the Sept” moment? Oh, he better get the hell out of there. Tippytoes and Sister are ADORABLE names for siege engines.

5. Looks like Cnaiur is on his way to Moenghus. This is going to be fun.

6. Show of hands, who is surprised that Conphas had ambitions beyond Nansur? Aspect-Emperor, huh? Figures. Given what Achamian has just done, good luck with that.

---

75% Complete.

1. PROYAS! Crowning moment of AWESOME! I kept picturing that scene over and over again. Each one more perfect than the next. I just loved that. I was wondering if he actually had one, but it should have been obvious that he would. If bowman, people like Geshrunni, and Cnaiur can get one, then yea, the CROWN PRINCE OF CONRIYA, a very religious man, would have one too. Good thing he did. And the sentiment behind it(a gift from his mother) was a nice touch.

I know damned well why he wept. Relief, exhausted(he was going crazy during the battle, but he was able to resist the temptation of killing/raping the two women), the loss of the gift(can they be retrieved once used?), helping magic users, shock, killing a powerful Cisharium, Shimeh an utter wreck, etc. He has every right to cry. Give this guy a pizza and soda.

Don’t give him women though. Apparently, he fears them for some reason. Show me on the doll where the women touched you. ;)

2. Conphas is down and quite frankly, I found it rather cheap. It’s no shock to see Saubon again, but there simply wasn’t enough between the two to warrant the act fitting. I quit caring about Saubon the moment he chose to stay and be “King”. Cnaiur killing him would have been far more fitting. Kellhus killing him would have been more fitting.

Even more fitting is if he manages to survive to fight another day and then have Proyas kill him. oops, my biases are showing. There could have been so much more done with Conphas, but NOOOO. Cnaiur/Conphas ship sunk. Sad trombone.

3. Eliazaurus is down for the count. Bye. He too had a crowning moment of awesome. Hell, all of mages DID. Gothyelk down. Bye.

4. Achamian is STILL being awesome.

5. Looks like Moenghus is also down for the count. Kellhus thinks he’s more than a Dunyain. Does he think he’s a God? Well, that would work if you want every one to believe the same things. If this saves the world…well, I’d be for it depending on what kind of world we end up. If it’s the same shit, then eh, let the Consult have it. Let them wipe out a bunch of people so they can prolong the inevitable. I doubt they’ll be beginning again should the world end up destroyed.

Then again, when cataclysms happen, rebuilding is all that can be done, but right now it’s too early tell much of anything at all, really. I will miss Moenghus though. I’m pretty sure he will die. I guess he was too much of a threat.

6. The battle rages on, but there will be nothing left of Shimeh. I think the deaths are about done now, except for Fanayal. I think that Crown Prince will be killed. Would be fitting if he was killed by another Crown Prince *ProyascoughProyas*. But, who knows? A lot of things are up in the air at this point, but I honestly think that only Kellhus wins all of this. The Tusk and the Fane will be irrelevant. Seems obvious to me.

---

The Thousandfold Thought.  Now complete! The rest was basically a glossary that I skimmed over. So now, I can talk about the Prince of Nothing trilogy without fear of spoilers(well, in the first trilogy). Moving on to the Aspect Emperor.

1. Proyas and Achamian were tied as my favorites, but in the end, Achamian won by a MILE. The way he stood up to Kellhus in front of so many people. Holy shit! That wins! That is a winner! THAT is Achamian’s Crowning Moment of Awesome. I wish more people did that. Oh, Cnaiur will. Conphas is dead, which, like I said, is just cheap and quite frankly implausible unless Kellhus somehow got to the Nansur army. Anyway, Achamian is the winner. He is DONE WITH EVERY ONE, including Esmenet. He was super harsh with her, unfortunately, but he was DONE. DONE. DONE.

2. Proyas, Proyas, Proyas. Achamian is right. Too late. I’m sorry. You can pray all you want, you can promise all you want, you can think Achamian will return willingly, but like I said, too late.

3. Cnaiur is such a mess. I wish he lived in a world where no one gave a shit if you were gay, straight, bi, ace, demi, poly, whatever. Wish he could live in that world. He would still be the most VIOLENT OF MEN because he is fucking fierce, but at least he wouldn’t be such a wreck. HE will not be bowing to Kellhus. Not now, not ever.

4. So much for Moenghus, but there’s a good possibility that he was still trying to manipulate Cnaiur in order to continue using him. Fuck that shit. Still, I knew he was going to die and it’s really a shame, tbh.

5. Iyokus is still alive? I’m surprised.

6. Read the first PARAGRAPH of the Judging Eye and found that…well, fuck  it. I’m Team Consult, ESPECIALLY if something happens to Achamian. It’s honestly the same shit, but different smell and shine. There’s my “judging Eye”. I guess I expect too much when it comes to change. (Yea, I have presentitis. I don't think that'll go away).

7. I hope that if Achamian DOES kneel, it’ll be to punch Kellhus in the dick.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:28:17 pm »
Reading this makes me want to do this too. Also, what's up with every second word being "Proyas"  8) ?

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 10:50:44 pm »
Well, I would love to see other live reactions. :)

Also, what's up with every second word being "Proyas"

I...I...really don't know. *coughliescough*
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 05:16:57 pm »
Dora Vee, much appreciated. I really enjoy reading these and reliving that "first time feel" of the series vicariously through Past Dora Vee :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 08:20:27 pm »
3. Cnaiur is such a mess. I wish he lived in a world where no one gave a shit if you were gay, straight, bi, ace, demi, poly, whatever. Wish he could live in that world. He would still be the most VIOLENT OF MEN because he is fucking fierce, but at least he wouldn’t be such a wreck. HE will not be bowing to Kellhus. Not now, not ever.

I don't think he would have been like that, in a more forgiving world. The way I saw Cnaiur, is that he actually forced himself to be like that, to be the most Violent of all men, just to convince himself that he belongs to the People. While his true nature isn't Sclyvendi esque.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 06:19:47 pm »

I don't think he would have been like that, in a more forgiving world. The way I saw Cnaiur, is that he actually forced himself to be like that, to be the most Violent of all men, just to convince himself that he belongs to the People. While his true nature isn't Sclyvendi esque.
100% agree. His violence towards everything is brought about by the incompatibility of who he is, and what he thinks he's supposed to be. Without that cognitive dissonance, there is no impetus to become the most violent of all men.
One of the other conditions of possibility.