NFL I - And so it begins..

• 140 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2018, 04:03:01 am »
Quote from:  Bolivar
Right now it seems like either the Rams or Vikings will represent in the Superbowl.

I'm going with the Saints. I love Karmara, and think he'll be the X-factor. Their defense is stout and a veteran QB. I love the way they look. And, I think Payton is a top-5 coach.

I'm taking the Steelers in the AFC, if and only if Antonio Brown is available. Haven't heard any news on that. If not, I'm afraid the Patriots will be back.

Saints are my SB champs.
You're right, that's a hard argument to beat when you add up all those factors. I've probably bought too much into the Rams hype, with such a young head coach and quarterback, I think they're bound to make mistakes in the postseason against the best teams. But I'm still in with the Vikings. They had a series of goal line stops to win their last game of the season and in that moment there, they convinced me that they're going to the Super Bowl. Granted, it was against the Bears but seeing their defense put on that kind of performance to end a game they didn't have to win made a big impression.

I just read an article about the Bellichick friction with Kraft and Brady and supposedly someone close to Bill says he's strongly considering going back to the Giants, that he really wants it and this might be his last chance to do it. It's such a long shot but it would be so utterly insane if he became the Giants HC. It would be bigger than LeBron coming back to Cleveland.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That would be THE sports story of the year/decade if that happened, would love it - that would really put to rest how much of his success is Brady. I for one think he's proven to be the greatest head coach of all time, but I do have that itch in the back of my brain that wonders, "what if ... ".
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2018, 12:51:53 am »
Holy shit that Mariota block to pick up the first down and win the game.

I'm already wrong on my predictions!

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2018, 03:11:35 am »

As am I  8)

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2018, 04:36:56 am »

As am I  8)

Likewise. But I got the Falcons right. Hotlanta!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2018, 02:02:38 pm »
NFL Playoff Predictions, Day One:

BFK: 1-1
Tao: 1-1
MSJ: 0-2
Bolivar: 0-2
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2018, 11:45:14 pm »
Hey, there is a reason i don't gamble. I'm predicting the Saints to win it all. Looking good so far. But, you know, there's a reason I don't gamble, lol.

NFL is a very hard sport to bet on, when you include the line of the game. Those guys in Las Vegas are pretty dann good at their job.

How about the Browns having a parade for going 0-16? I thought it was brilliant.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2018, 12:59:58 am »
NFL Playoff Predictions, Wild Card Weekend:

BFK: 3-1
Tao: 2-2
MSJ: 2-2
Bolivar: 2-2

BFK's "Hotlanta" pick gives him the slim edge, but the field is tight. A Carolina comeback would have flipped BFK and Tao (and buried MSJ and Bolivar).

On to Divisional Weekend! Get your picks in!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 02:08:13 am by BeardFisher-King »

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2018, 01:40:12 am »
What a game. Definitely the best one of the weekend. Gotta give it to Carolina playing with so much heart, with Cam getting beat up all night and taking his own face shield to the eye.

Kept me in the running though!

PHL, NE, MIN, PIT

How about the Browns having a parade for going 0-16? I thought it was brilliant.

I can't imagine the sheer level of nihilism it takes to have a 0-16 parade. Love it!

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2018, 01:41:18 am »
Need someone to list the schedule....
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2018, 01:58:22 am »
Yeah, a schedule would help....

NFL Playoffs, Divisional Round:

1. Falcons at Eagles

2. Titans at Patriots

3. Jaguars at Steelers

4. Saints at Vikings

Leader in the clubhouse goes first.

I've got:

"Hotlanta" Falcons
The Dreaded Patriots
Steelers
....and the Saints!

Laissez les bon temps rouler! Let the good times roll!

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2018, 02:04:57 am »
What a game. Definitely the best one of the weekend. Gotta give it to Carolina playing with so much heart, with Cam getting beat up all night and taking his own face shield to the eye.

PHL, NE, MIN, PIT

I can't imagine the sheer level of nihilism it takes to have a 0-16 parade. Love it!

Didn't see your picks when I posted the schedule, Bolivar. We differ on Saints vs. Vikings and Falcons vs. Eagles. The NFC games will tell the tale for us.

Cleveland's "factory of sadness" sure is productive, isn't it?

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2018, 02:50:45 am »

I miss the Dog Pound! Da Dawgs! I met Bernie Kosar once in a Browns Bar somewhere in Florida ( forget the city, think it was Miami ), nice guy.

Tao Horror's Picks:

• Eagles
  • Patriots
  • Steelers
  • Saints

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2018, 03:52:40 am »

PHL, NE, MIN, PIT

Didn't see your picks when I posted the schedule, Bolivar. We differ on Saints vs. Vikings and Falcons vs. Eagles. The NFC games will tell the tale for us.

Cleveland's "factory of sadness" sure is productive, isn't it?
I'm rolling with Vikings to win out as my SB champions this year.

The Eagles pick is kinda my long shot to help get me ahead in the standings. They're still a well built team though and only reason the Eagles aren't favored is because the media is pretty down on Nick Foles. If he plays like he did against the Rams and Giants, I think they can be just about as lethal as they looked leading up to the Wentz injury. But that Falcons secondary is looking really nasty, they absolutely brutalized the Rams this weekend.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2018, 04:03:11 am »
I'm using my one-game lead to take a flyer on the Saints to upset the Vikings. 

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2018, 04:38:13 am »
Falcons, Patriots, Steelers and Who Dat?.???? The Saints my pick to win it all.