Miscellaneous Chatter > Literature

N. K. Jemisin's Broken Earth Series [Spoilers]

<< < (3/5) > >>

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on September 15, 2016, 03:36:51 pm ---So if Father Earth controls the Gaurdians, why would he be opposed to bringing the moon back and thus restoring balance to Earth. Something I just can't get to line up and make sense, H.
--- End quote ---

Well, recall that they defective Guardian that begins "speaking for" Father Earth is killed straight away by Schaffa wile she questions Tonkee and Essun about the socket.  So, while they are created by Father Earth, I don't think they are subservient to His will, per se, unless they allow themselves to be.  That was what I was saying over at Westeros, is that the parasitic relationship between a Guardian might perhaps override or reduce the need for a parasitic (and so controlled) relationship with Father Earth.

Wilshire:
FYI, there is a goodreads 'best fantasy books of 2016' and they have a limited selection for votes. Obelisk Gate is up there. (though, I imagine the new Harry Potter book will win regardless). I think I might add this series to my list if it is in fact very good.

MSJ:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on November 02, 2016, 03:44:35 pm ---FYI, there is a goodreads 'best fantasy books of 2016' and they have a limited selection for votes. Obelisk Gate is up there. (though, I imagine the new Harry Potter book will win regardless). I think I might add this series to my list if it is in fact very good.

--- End quote ---

Wilshire, add it to your reading list. I really enjoy the series. There are a bunch of mysteries. Quite frankly, I am astonished that (at Westeros) these books aren't discussed more than they are. It's a little like TSA, as in there are so many unknowns, with clues to what they may be. I really think that you would like them.

Redeagl:
Just saw this. I figured you two may want a recap :
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comments/6ttuug/the_obelisk_gate_recap_spoilers/

H:

--- Quote from: Redeagl on August 16, 2017, 03:34:16 pm ---Just saw this. I figured you two may want a recap :
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comments/6ttuug/the_obelisk_gate_recap_spoilers/

--- End quote ---

Neat, thanks.

I started it yesterday but, of course, I forgot it to bring it to work this morning...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version