Miscellaneous Chatter > Literature

N. K. Jemisin's Broken Earth Series [Spoilers]

<< < (4/5) > >>

Redeagl:
http://www.tor.com/2017/08/16/nk-jemisin-the-fifth-season-tv-adaptation-in-development/

So, there could be a TV show coming. I need to read these books soon.

MSJ:
Just got book and it's a pretty short one, Don't you think?

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on August 18, 2017, 07:30:42 pm ---Just got book and it's a pretty short one, Don't you think?
--- End quote ---

I don't know that I'd call 400 pages short, but that's not particularly long either.

MSJ:
H, my man, so why haven't we discussed anything here? Huh? Very good book, imo, with some details that didn't make some sense. Like why wasn't Essa confronted by any of the stone eaters in the finale, didn't make much sense on some levels as many wanted an end. Overall, I enjoyed it though. I'll tell you when authors are pushed to make publishing dates you do see a dip in quality.

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on September 20, 2017, 02:37:10 pm ---H, my man, so why haven't we discussed anything here? Huh? Very good book, imo, with some details that didn't make some sense. Like why wasn't Essa confronted by any of the stone eaters in the finale, didn't make much sense on some levels as many wanted an end. Overall, I enjoyed it though. I'll tell you when authors are pushed to make publishing dates you do see a dip in quality.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I felt like a bit of the ending didn't really make too much sense, like the Stone Eaters leaving them alone, but honestly by the end, I was a bit checked out of the "now" storyline.  I think the past story of who Hoa was and what happened to the moon in the first place was more interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version