Earwa > The No-God

Achamian as the most powerful sorcerer left alive in the Three Seas.

<< < (12/15) > >>

FoolishOwl:

--- Quote from: Lonnie Slidell on October 02, 2017, 12:33:51 am ---It occurred to me while listening to Scott on this podcast:
http://www.stufftoblowyourmind.com/podcasts/consciousness-and-consult.htm
that Drusas Achamian is (assuming he survived the Second Apocalypse) the most powerful sorcerer left alive on humanity's side in the Three Seas and will be the de facto leader of humanity in the war against the Unholy Consult and the forces of the No-God.  So far leadership has not been his forte.  How do you assess his chances?  Do any of us expect him to rise to the challenge?

--- End quote ---
As you say, Drusus Achamian's forte isn't leadership, so I don't think he will the leader of humanity in the Second Apocalypse. I think that role will be filled by Esmenet, with the support of Drusus and Mimara.

Esmenet, after all, is still the Empress. She held court for years, and we were told repeatedly that Kellhus chose her for her great intellect.

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  FoolishOwl ---As you say, Drusus Achamian's forte isn't leadership, so I don't think he will the leader of humanity in the Second Apocalypse. I think that role will be filled by Esmenet, with the support of Drusus and Mimara.

Esmenet, after all, is still the Empress. She held court for years, and we were told repeatedly that Kellhus chose her for her great intellect.
--- End quote ---

On the surface it might seem that way, not so sure. For one, Akka has become, or rather is a very powerful sorcerer. And, it's the Apocalypse, there will be no court held. Leadership will come to those with power. After the Great Ordeal, whose left but Akka? Also, Akka holds all the knowledge of the First Apocalypse, which I imagine would be very helpful. His arc seems to mirror what we're told of Seswatha. Maybe not the leader, but a major player, nonetheless.

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: MSJ on January 04, 2019, 12:17:33 am ---
--- Quote from:  FoolishOwl ---As you say, Drusus Achamian's forte isn't leadership, so I don't think he will the leader of humanity in the Second Apocalypse. I think that role will be filled by Esmenet, with the support of Drusus and Mimara.

--- End quote ---

On the surface it might seem that way, not so sure. For one, Akka has become, or rather is a very powerful sorcerer. And, it's the Apocalypse, there will be no court held. Leadership will come to those with power. After the Great Ordeal, whose left but Akka? Also, Akka holds all the knowledge of the First Apocalypse, which I imagine would be very helpful. His arc seems to mirror what we're told of Seswatha. Maybe not the leader, but a major player, nonetheless.

--- End quote ---

A major player, the major player, but my chips are on Serwa to lead the resistance. And/or Moe Jr.

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  TaoHorror ---A major player, the major player, but my chips are on Serwa to lead the resistance. And/or Moe Jr.
--- End quote ---

I think Moe Jr. is a very logical choice. Seeing his father wade through the hoard, turn into a God, then turn to dust, pretty much seals his authority over the People. The Consult was going to take them out, remember? Cnaüir learned this when he didn't do as he should and join battle (you can never convince me that that The Many-Blooded wasnt just as smart as Kellhus and much more interesting.) - War is intellect. Moe can convince the People to fight, and will hopefully. He grew up around Kellhus, had the skill at War, I think he's a lot smarter than depicted, imho.

Serwa is dead. There just isn't any better ending to her story. Another Cnaüir is just an old dog doing old tricks.

SmilerLoki:

--- Quote from: MSJ on January 04, 2019, 05:16:22 am ---Serwa is dead. There just isn't any better ending to her story. Another Cnaüir is just an old dog doing old tricks.

--- End quote ---
I, too, think it's a great ending, and Serwa is what passes for my favorite character in TSA. Right now, her story has everything, it doesn't need anything more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version