(TAE Spoilers) Ordeal before or after

• 2 Replies

Cnaiür vs Karsa vs Drogo

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« on: February 05, 2021, 07:01:34 am »
I keep coming back to this thought, that the both Celmomas’ ordeal and Kellhuss’ ordeal are the exact vehicles needed to bring the correct soul to golgotterath and initiate the nogod. So which determines what comes before? It almost feels like the matrix, where the one is a design component of the system and must return to restart the program. Both ordeals feel like they were designed to do something similar.

Also, I came across something in the collected sayings of the author that sranc and nonmen could have viable offspring. Is it possible nonmen and seswatha helped found ishual and the whale mother morphed due to sranc nonmen human hybrids ? (this one is out there ).
Odaini Concussion Cant first, ask questions later...

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 01:33:42 pm »
I keep coming back to this thought, that the both Celmomas’ ordeal and Kellhuss’ ordeal are the exact vehicles needed to bring the correct soul to golgotterath and initiate the nogod. So which determines what comes before? It almost feels like the matrix, where the one is a design component of the system and must return to restart the program. Both ordeals feel like they were designed to do something similar.

Well, both superficially and actually, yes.  Both ordeals have the same goal in mind but consider, Nau-Cayuti doesn't end up in the Consult's hand as a result of the Ordeal really, he is delivered by Iëva's treachery.  So, in a way, it is of course history repeating itself, but not quite the same.

Also, I came across something in the collected sayings of the author that sranc and nonmen could have viable offspring. Is it possible nonmen and seswatha helped found ishual and the whale mother morphed due to sranc nonmen human hybrids ? (this one is out there ).

I'm rather skeptical on these sorts of things, because I see the whale mothers more as drawing the parallel lines of what the Consult was up to with the Tekne and what the Dûnyain project ultimately worked toward (and with what methods).  In other words, I think's narrative function is the highlight just how the Logos is not at all far from the Consult's methodology (and how, in a sense, they are one and the same).

That being said, I do think there is a hidden thread about the Anisûrimbor line having Nonman blood in the line, since it is mentioned fairly explicitly with Nanor-Ukkerja I's stated lifespan of 178 years.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 02:04:54 am »
There's a lot of "history repeats itself" or very nearly so, I think its probably central to either the storytelling narrative or part of the mystery still locked within the pages. The parallels of the two ordeals are myriad, and since TDTCB we were given the thought that there may be some kind of looping mechanism - or some other strangeness - given that it seems "that which happens before determines what happens after" is partially false.

As for Nonman-Sranc children being related to the Dunyain, I'm pretty skeptical as well. But similarly, as H said, a Nonman-Human child being intertwined with Anansurimbor line seems extremely likely, and the Anasurimbor family obviously plays an important role in the Dunyain lineage.
One of the other conditions of possibility.