Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« on: May 14, 2016, 02:29:00 pm »
I'm just making this thread for later. I need to organize my thoughts on this one - as per conversations Somnambulist and I have had.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:31:47 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 03:22:34 pm »
Since we don't have ebooks of this yet, could you refresh my memory what part this is from?
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 05:42:41 pm »
It should be in the out of place "crocodilian Sons" portion before a Kellhus POV (giving the sense that it is a Kellhus POV in the Outside) and then at another point in a reminiscence in a Kellhus POV shortly thereafter, I believe. An Aorsi chapter for sure.

Wilshire had a post that implied the sentence appeared earlier in TAE, which would be very interesting, but I don't know if he deleted his post because he remembered incorrectly.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 08:26:45 pm »
Remembered wrong, it was 'the dead do not see'.

I dont recollect that line specifically, but it brings up - what was with that first "head on a pole" scene, I believe in italics, something about eating sranc or babies or humans or something... Was that supposed to be kellhus?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 11:19:49 am »
Well, at least in the ARC, the "Head on a pole" scene is nestled nicely between the following lines:

Kellhus: "What was my revelation?  What secret could It whisper into an ear so small as mine?"

Scene.

Proyas: "What was your revelation?"

Seemingly, this is explaining the revelation.  Of course, this could be misdirection, but I think it's likely not.  It's a cryptic, but later, Kellhus' own POV states "He hand learned of the head on the pole." (Page 120 of the ARC.)  He says it in a way that I doubt this is common knowledge, put after a list of arcana such as Diamos, Metagnosis and the Thousand-fold Thought.  After speaking of grasping the metaphysics of Creations and returning from Hell with trophies.  They would seem to be ciphrang in the vision though, or at least, so it seems to me from the description.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 01:34:49 pm »
Since we don't have ebooks of this yet, could you refresh my memory what part this is from?
First line from Chapter 1: "The living should not haunt the dead."

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 01:56:18 pm »
First line from Chapter 1: "The living should not haunt the dead."

Thanks, I did actually catch that when I went back to find that other quote.

I wonder if that is a bit of foreshadowing to Sibawul's fate...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 03:19:31 pm »
That scene where they cross the floating bodies of sranc to Agongorea... Wonder if TGO proper will stumble upon another trail of skulls. Their radioactive brothers preceded them.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 03:34:32 pm »
That scene where they cross the floating bodies of sranc to Agongorea... Wonder if TGO proper will stumble upon another trail of skulls. Their radioactive brothers preceded them.

A walking, rotting, damned vanguard?  One that Sranc would seem to be afraid of?  Maybe a trail of Sranc skulls, actually.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 03:46:40 pm »

A walking, rotting, damned vanguard?  One that Sranc would seem to be afraid of?  Maybe a trail of Sranc skulls, actually.
Sure but they're all Scorched, they'll fall over and die on their own accord soon enough.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 03:51:10 pm »
Sure but they're all Scorched, they'll fall over and die on their own accord soon enough.

I'm pretty sure Sibawul should have been dead fifty times over already.

Considering though the radiation poisoning, forget trail of skulls, there may be a trail of all kinds of parts.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 04:49:27 pm »
We'll just call it the Scorched Trail then. Vague enough to apply to any body part, but specific enough to know the hell from whence it came.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 04:53:40 pm »
We'll just call it the Scorched Trail then. Vague enough to apply to any body part, but specific enough to know the hell from whence it came.

An even better name, since there will probably be a snail-trail of radiation following them.  Hmm, thinking about it, maybe that is part of the point?  Not that I understand it at all still.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 04:39:32 pm »
Double post, but hey, whatever.

The statement starts as a truth: "The living should not haunt the dead."

Then becomes an affirmation: "The living shall not haunt the dead."

I think this is Kellhus, telling us that the Outside will somehow be closed off from the Inside.

In other words, no more Diamos, no more visiting the Outside or communing with Gods, or ancestors or anything.  Kellhus' goal is to make it so.  The same as the Consult's goal though, no?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 06:17:05 pm »
Its a change from passive to active voice. A recommendations to a command.

And, yeah, sounds like shutting the world. But, you know, Kellhus wants to be the one controlling that world and that transition, rather than some ages old Consult/Inchoroi masters.