• 251 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 06:34:27 pm »
Though the opening scene was badass, I say that. Arya is on a mission and its the storyline I think I'm wanting the most of.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 07:44:18 pm »
Though the opening scene was badass, I say that. Arya is on a mission and its the storyline I think I'm wanting the most of.

Yeah, I mean the episode had a point, but man, between the opening and last 5 minutes, everything between was pretty forgettable.  At least we sort of find out what the Hound is going to be doing...

But if my wife hadn't told me who Ed Sheran was, that scene would have been more bizarre a pointless than it already was.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 07:47:16 pm »
Looking forward to watching it tonight. Read io9's breakdown, seems pretty straightforward.

As I said in last season's thread, I think, I feel like once they moved beyond the source text, the dialogue took a real nose-dive in quality.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 07:55:56 pm »
As I said in last season's thread, I think, I feel like once they moved beyond the source text, the dialogue took a real nose-dive in quality.

Yeah, although, to me, it was really all that noticeable until this episode.  I think the acting in this one was pretty sub-par too though.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 12:17:22 am »

Yeah, I mean the episode had a point, but man, between the opening and last 5 minutes, everything between was pretty forgettable.  At least we sort of find out what the Hound is going to be doing...

But if my wife hadn't told me who Ed Sheran was, that scene would have been more bizarre a pointless than it already was.

Ok....who is Ed Sheran, and what did he have to do with that scene? You've lost me H! :)
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Quorumtender

• The Quorumtender
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 01:01:51 am »
Ok....who is Ed Sheran, and what did he have to do with that scene? You've lost me H! :)

Ed Sheeran was the blonde bloke singing the song while Arya was riding up to their mini camp.  He sings songs for a living in real life.

If I were to just be Thinking Out Loud, I would say he is in love with the Shape Of You.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:22:24 am by Quorumtender »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 01:35:46 am »

Ed Sheeran was the blonde bloke singing the song while Arya was riding up to their mini camp.  He sings songs for a living in real life.

If I were to just be Thinking Out Loud, I would say he is in love with the Shape Of You.

Gotcha. Name sounded familiar. But the scene where Arya wears Freys face was good. She is gonna do some nasty stuff this season, me believes.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 03:10:05 pm »
I fully expect that "nice group of young men" Arya are with actually turn out to be a bunch of raping bastards or else Arya just kills them for being Lannisters - I really doubt that the scene is going to not develop further.

Just my 0.2c

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2017, 03:12:03 pm »
I fully expect that "nice group of young men" Arya are with actually turn out to be a bunch of raping bastards or else Arya just kills them for being Lannisters - I really doubt that the scene is going to not develop further.

Just my 0.2c

SR 8)!

Yeah, I was waiting for something like that to happen but honestly, Aria seems untouchable for the time being. I was more worried for Sheeran and the Boys than I was for her, especially when she's eyeing up their weapons - not within reach to stop her.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2017, 03:12:39 pm »
But then their stories of "people just being people" stay her hand.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 03:35:37 pm »
Nah she'll get info off them and travel north instead of south, if she was going to kill Cersei directly it would be a short season for Cersei.  Be dead by episode 3.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2017, 03:47:28 pm »
I liked the episode more than season 5 and 6's premiers. Not quite as good as the first 4 though.
I don't think Arya will kill them. Would be a bit out of character to just kill people who did nothing to her or her family. I am really excited about how the political situation in the south is going to turn out, especially with Arya entering it.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 03:54:33 pm »
I actually thought it was a very poor premier, to be honest. Especially, given that the season only has seven episodes. I hope e2 makes up for that in a big way.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 04:37:29 pm »
Have you seen the theories it's not even Arya, it's Jaqen as Arya.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 04:54:51 pm »
I think/hope/pray that these last seasons are just fan fiction. Honestly the turn of events is greatly disappointing for my inchoroi tastes. I rather prefer that Martin doesn't end the series, than the crappy happy ending that HBO is clearly preparing for us.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.