Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« on: April 23, 2016, 07:02:03 pm »
Pat and Wert are sourcing questions for a new (!!!) R. Scott Bakker interview.

I encourage everyone to ask many, many questions.

You can post them here and I will quote them over at Westeros or those with Westeros accounts can post them in the thread themselves.

Yay 8)!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 07:57:10 pm »
Damn, I had more than 100 questions in my head and now i had forgot all of them.I hope that this doesn't mean that i am a nonman.Anyway i have posted what i remembered there.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:02:37 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 09:53:43 pm »
Are Gods dropping in and out of human pantheons as described by Conphas in TDTCB still canon?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 06:22:29 pm »
Anything/everything from the Q/A subforum.

Does the Psukhe have a major role yet to be revealed, outside of Meppa and his Cataracts?

Do you have any expectation to write TSTSNBN sometimes this decade?

Is there are particular sales number you need to hit from TGO/TUC to continue writing full time? If so, what is it, and do you realistically think you can reach it?

In a previous interview you mentioned Neuropath might not have come to exist if you hadn't published it before having Ruby. Has TSA story changed in scope, concept, or depiction in a similar fashion?

Is there anything fans can do to encourage more interactions between you and them?

Are there any stories, shorts or full books, that you'd like to tell within the Earwa universe, before writing TSTSNBN?

Outside of Earwa, do you plan to publish any other fiction/fantasy/sci-fi in the near future?

If you could choose any publisher, who would it be an why?

Have you/would you considered publishing a short run of limited edition with someone like Subterranean Press or Easton Press?

After so many years and so many books, do you feel invigorated by the imminent publication of TUC and ready to write more, or do you feel like you'd like to take a break from writing for a while?

Daily, how much fan mail, or how many emails, do you think you get? What % do you personally respond to, if any?

How many hours a week have you dedicated to writing since the release of WLW?

Why has the release between WLW and TGO been longer than the releases of any other sequels?

What has been the worst/hardest decision you have been forced to make through the editing process?
Has anything come to light through the editing process that has made the books better than they would have otherwise been?

When, and in what city, does your book/signing tour start? How many stops do you plan to make?

What book that you have written has been your favorite so far, and why?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:50:49 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

nicodante

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 02:20:06 pm »
What actors/actresses do you think would best play the roles of your central characters in a tv adaptation of PoN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicodante

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 02:21:43 pm »
Who currently owns the tv rights to PoN (if anyone), and would you be happy to see an adaptation if some of the more grisly details were left out or inferred rather than shown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 06:42:36 pm »
Anything/everything from the Q/A subforum.

Does the Psukhe have a major role yet to be revealed, outside of Meppa and his Cataracts?

Do you have any expectation to write TSTSNBN sometimes this decade?

Is there are particular sales number you need to hit from TGO/TUC to continue writing full time? If so, what is it, and do you realistically think you can reach it?

In a previous interview you mentioned Neuropath might not have come to exist if you hadn't published it before having Ruby. Has TSA story changed in scope, concept, or depiction in a similar fashion?

Is there anything fans can do to encourage more interactions between you and them?

Are there any stories, shorts or full books, that you'd like to tell within the Earwa universe, before writing TSTSNBN?

Outside of Earwa, do you plan to publish any other fiction/fantasy/sci-fi in the near future?

If you could choose any publisher, who would it be an why?

Have you/would you considered publishing a short run of limited edition with someone like Subterranean Press or Easton Press?

After so many years and so many books, do you feel invigorated by the imminent publication of TUC and ready to write more, or do you feel like you'd like to take a break from writing for a while?

Daily, how much fan mail, or how many emails, do you think you get? What % do you personally respond to, if any?

How many hours a week have you dedicated to writing since the release of WLW?

Why has the release between WLW and TGO been longer than the releases of any other sequels?

What has been the worst/hardest decision you have been forced to make through the editing process?
Has anything come to light through the editing process that has made the books better than they would have otherwise been?

When, and in what city, does your book/signing tour start? How many stops do you plan to make?

What book that you have written has been your favorite so far, and why?

Great,great questions Wilshire.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:45:17 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers