• 19 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 08:30:40 pm »
Quote from: Coyote
When did Cnaiür die in TTT? At the end of TTT, its suggested that he will cut one "final swazond" into his throat - but his grieving is interrupted by the Serwe/skinspy. It is pretty clear that the Consult know his obsession with Serwe is their handle on the Scylvendi and how much of an asset Cnaiür is to them - someone who Kellhus finds hard to manipulate, who is an expert general and a potential leader that could reunite the Scylvendi under the Consult, etc

They are not going to let such an asset go to waste.

My bet is Cnaiür will return as a Consult General in TUC.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 08:30:47 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Wilshire, I think at this point that Kellhus is running into some real intense circumstances - quite beyond those we know he struggled with in PON. At the moment, he's likely one of the few individuals who actually know the stakes of events transpiring before our eyes - my guess would be that far, far more is at risk than we realize.

Coyote, many of us have the assumption that there is no return for Cnaiur because of an interview Bakker gave a number of years ago. The exact quote eludes me but essentially he suggested that Cnaiur's narrative arc was the Prince of Nothing and he didn't have role beyond that.

Cipher?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 08:31:05 pm »
Quote from: ZadunyaniFanatic
Provided that Cnaiur truly did kill himself towards the end of the Thousand Fold Thought, there is the distinct possibility that he has a hidden role in the series. If you pay attention to the scene in the Judging Eye about the birth of the White Luck Warrior, it seems to describe the figure becoming heavily muscled and having scars covering the body. That sure sounds like Cnauir to me. That by itself may not be much, but who else would be a better candidate for Yatwer to choose for the slaying of Khellus, someone who has an eternal hatred for him?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 08:31:14 pm »
Welcome, ZF.

Good to see the Zaudunyani have representation here.

Cnaiur and his seemingly indomitable hatred is what makes him so monolithic in our minds. It's the same reason he's always cited as the perfect candidate for Horde-General in Aurang's place or, at least, the leader of broken mankind who inevitably side with the Consult. Plus, he's the only one who actively treated with Kellhus and had any real understanding of what he was.

Everyone is just a sheep to the slaughter. Except for Esmenet, Achamian, and now Proyas.

And their defiance just isn't nearly as interesting. CNAIUR!!!

But I don't think he's coming back :(.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 08:31:21 pm »
Quote from: Triskele
Everyone is just a sheep to the slaughter. Except for Esmenet, Achamian, and now Proyas.

Any theories on why Kellhus told Proyas the deal, more or less?  I don't know that it makes Proyas any more defiant.  It seems like it might just feed his piety and his belief in their mission under Kellhus-as-prophet. 

I doubt a True Believer in the day of Christ would have minded being told that they were like a child to him.